Stag 2TL alignment issue...

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Stag 2TL alignment issue...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Stag 2TL alignment issue...

I was playing around with my EXPS on my new Stag 2TL and noticed that the quadrail and upper are not aligned very well. See picture. I'd like to be able to move my EXPS when I'm not using a 3x magnifier.

Is this normal to be out of alignment? Should I send it to Stag to be fixed or is this a simple fix for me to do? Thanks for any input. I'm new to the M4 realm, but I'm learning!

stag-misalign.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-16-2011, 10:45 PM   #2

Liked 1062 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 1062

I wouldn't be happy with that and would send that picture and accompanying text to Stag CS. It's certainly a sign that the assembler didn't bring his A-game to your rifle. Your rail attaches to the barrel nut, right - a free float? Can be a simple fix if you have the right tools.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #3

Thanks. I will contact Stag about this.

Since this was my first AR I'm not quite sure what is normal and acceptable.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:05 AM   #4

The quad rail clamps to the barrel nut using 4 allen head bolts. Loosen the four bolts and position the quad rail and retighten the bolts evenly. There's a youtube from Talon Arms how to install a Samson Star-C rail. Part 2 has the info you'll need. I'd say its a piece of cake.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
The quad rail clamps to the barrel nut using 4 allen head bolts. Loosen the four bolts and position the quad rail and retighten the bolts evenly. There's a youtube from Talon Arms how to install a Samson Star-C rail. Part 2 has the info you'll need. I'd say its a piece of cake.
Great. I'll take a look at it.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:45 AM   #6

The flat top and the quad rail SHOULD be dead nuts on the same and line up. EVEN if you can fix it yourself, I would definitely let Stag know about it. I am sure, from what I have head about their CS, they would NOT like to hear and see the pics.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:21 AM   #7

I fixed it. And actually... may have caused it. I did loosen those 4 bolts stupidly when mounting my angled grip.

I don't think Stag did anything wrong here.

Thanks for the help guys.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:30 AM   #8

WOW!! Somebody who actually takes responsibility for his actions. Wait a minute, this forum is full of them. For a second there I thought I was on the Democrat National Committee forum.

Glad it worked out for ya. Fun stuff is learned when you dive into these things and discover they are not to hard to work on. GOD knows I am having a blast. Enjoy and PLEASE post more pics and a range report.

I am building a STAG varmint gun piece by piece, as the budget allows.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:21 AM   #9

Haha. Well, the best way to learn is by making mistakes. I'm going to build my next AR-15 from scratch. Should be a blast!

Old 03-17-2011, 06:10 AM   #10

Great to hear it was an easy fix for you,
And Kudos to ya for being a stand up guy.