SPR barrels question.
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

SPR barrels question.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 05:59 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default SPR barrels question.

Am building a SPR, but I don't know what barrel manufacturer to use. The market for a 18" barrel with rifle length gas system isn't really big, but I would like some advice. I'm trying not to brake the bank, but at the same I know you pay for what you get. Can anybody point in the direction I need to go in. I'm thinking between $250 for a Wilson Arms air gauged stainless steel, Rainier Arms $299, or $260 WOA. If anybody can think of another. Rand that is good and good price please let me know.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-23-2012, 07:09 AM   #2

Liked 340 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Black hole weaponry, great prices lousy lead times.
Noveske, forged in dragons blood, quenched with the tears of a virgin.
Jp Enterprises, beam my credit card up Scottie.

Lilja, BCM, DD, etc etc etc

Old 02-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

At that price and SS (I'm assuming from the barrels you listed) WOA is a good choice. If you don't have to have SS look at DD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

The only thing about DD is they don't have a 18" barrel with a rifle length gas system. I'm wanting to build a MK12 SPR copy. So far I've see white oaks, Wilson arms, DD, and Rainier arms, and noveske, sabre defense, and a few others are out of my price range.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznZOhAn View Post
The only thing about DD is they don't have a 18" barrel with a rifle length gas system. I'm wanting to build a MK12 SPR copy. So far I've see white oaks, Wilson arms, DD, and Rainier arms, and noveske, sabre defense, and a few others are out of my price range.
My fault I missread SPR for SBR . I had a WOA SPR 18" w/ rifle length gas system. I liked it for the short amount of time that I had it. To long for me, I'm no size queen.

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #6

Black Hole, makes good stuff if you do the time......

Old 02-24-2012, 04:25 AM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

My fault I missread SPR for SBR . I had a WOA SPR 18" w/ rifle length gas system. I liked it for the short amount of time that I had it. To long for me, I'm no size queen.
I was gonna go with a 20", then I talked to a marine sniper and told me go with 18". That is what used in Iraq and he said it worked great and it's smaller and lighter than a 20".

Old 02-24-2012, 04:28 AM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznZOhAn

I was gonna go with a 20", then I talked to a marine sniper and told me go with 18". That is what used in Iraq and he said it worked great and it's smaller and lighter than a 20".
Sounds good.

Quote:

Old 02-24-2012, 06:23 AM   #9

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Anybody ever had experience with Rainier Arms barrels. They use Wilson blanks just like white oak, but they use a different twist ratio. It sounds like a deal, 18" stainless steel barrel, 1 in 8 twist, rifle length gas system, 223 wylde, and intermediate profile for $225. What do y'all think.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:43 AM   #10

RA is good to go.