Sportsman guide ar mags
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Sportsman guide ar mags

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 03:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default Sportsman guide ar mags

So I placed a order for the mags and they keep pushing the back order date up ! just thought I would let you guys know this in case you decide to place the order. I think they are hoping we won't click the hold our place at the $8 . have to wait and see how this works out on the backorder on many of the ar items I ordered from various vendors.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-31-2012, 03:51 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2742 Times on 1436 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Sportsmans Guide is definately NOT a place I shop. Mostly crap, off brand knockoffs. Barely a notch above Cheaper than Dirt.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-31-2012, 04:02 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Sportsman's Guide can only ship when the stuff arrives. If their suppliers move the arrival date of the product, what do you expect Sportsman's Guide to do, ship you an empty box ?

Brand name products from Sportsman's Guide are exactly what they say it is. Before the madness, I bought 10 17 rnd Berretta m92 magazines and that's exactly what I got, brand new in the package. They were 1/2 the price the LGS was charging for the same mags. Saved on ammo too.

Last edited by 1911Jeeper; 12-31-2012 at 04:04 AM.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:09 AM   #4

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

I think they are fine (and actually uncover some truly unique and/or bargain products) if you truly know what you are getting when you buy it, and if and when you are going to get your shipment, but those are the keys. Many, many, years ago, before I learned those lessons all too well, I would return half of what I bought if I got it in the first place. So I also learned not to rely on them. I predict your magazine order will be cancelled after they drag this out.

Still, you never know; you may get lucky and their vendor order was already in and your own order will be fulfilled from it. After all, it did take 18 mos. for some shells I ordered from SG once to arrive, but I finally got 'em. What do they care how long you wait at a particular price? If they can sell them for that again someday, you'll eventually get 'em -- if not they'll string you along and just cancel the order to suit themselves. That's the way it goes.

Last edited by HockaLouis; 12-31-2012 at 04:25 AM.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:17 AM   #5

I wasn't running them down at all. I was just giving a heads up to guys that may need mags now and don't have any mags at all for their ar. Heck my neighbor purchased a a r 3 weeks ago and didn't buy ammo at the time "I KNOW DUMB" but well I hope he learns to use his rifle as a club now ! Theres no ammo in 223 or 5.56 at all here in the sw florida at a even remote affordable price. They are selling tullammo for $20 a box minimum.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:42 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
After all, it did take 18 mos. for some shells I ordered from SG once to arrive, but I finally got 'em.
You waited 18 months for your ammo? Why didn't you just cancel your order? What was their reasoning for making you wait that long?

Old 12-31-2012, 03:53 PM   #7

I saw a place on the internet taking backorder non refundable deposits of $10 to be put on a list for $7 Pmag magazines when they arrive. The first time I saw the page it said like 15000 available and the last time I saw that page it was at like 3000 something still available. thats a easy get rich quick scam. since in all actuality you are just trying to gamble on a purchase without actually making a purchase and I am sure the fine print protected them.

And I don't remember that page if I get a little time I search for it again and post it is funny how stupid some people are !

Old 12-31-2012, 04:18 PM   #8

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
You waited 18 months for your ammo? Why didn't you just cancel your order? What was their reasoning for making you wait that long?
LOL I did wait. Sorta...

SG gave no reason but we were in a hot war at the time. It was during the last ammo run and pickin's were slim. I had ordered Winchester #1 Buckshot shells you won't find in a LGS or anywhere in quantity at WalMart prices. It was 26% less than Remington and a month later the price had gone up 24%. So, the order was out there in the background and I coulda cancelled it at any time, but, in the interim I would add a litle less-desireable-to-me Remington #00 Buck WalMart Value-Packs when they were available and favorably priced.

Over that time I actually ended up with 1/3rd more bought locally than I had ordered from SG in the first place PLUS the original order I was ultimately still very happy to have.

I knew exactly what I was getting, at what good prices, but not when or even if and I did not fully rely on SG as you can see...

Last edited by HockaLouis; 12-31-2012 at 04:29 PM.