Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Spontaneous buy of an AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 06:01 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 5 Posts

Default Spontaneous buy of an AR

I bought a Bushmaster DCM a coupla months ago, I followed all the break-in instructions that came with it, went shooting at a gravel pit using a duffel bag and coolers for a rest(maybe not the best). I used Rem. matchgrade 75 grain Winchester/Federal 55 grain and they all hit about 12 to14 inches from Bull(rt. side of) made adj. to windage knob used full travel improved only slightly. Cleaned gun after eveytime out, I've gone 3 different times around a 100 rounds each time shot 2 ten round boxes that was supplied, allowed gun to cool before repeating. Called Bushmaster and am waiting for shipping label to arrive to send upper receiver back for inspection. Possible mis-alignment of barrel due to over Torque? Was wondering if this has happened to anyone else before or just my bad luck?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-24-2009, 11:15 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

WOW that sucks huh.. Bushmaster is usually very good about QC but I guess some things slip through sometimes.. Atleast its shipping instate so hopefully turn around time will be quick.

Where you at in the county??

Old 07-25-2009, 12:57 AM   #3

The front sight is just canted slightly, you need to adjust the front sight to the right. There should be allen screws, just loosen, then tap it slightly to the right. Put witness marks on the front sight and the barrel, so you can tell how far it's moved, to provide a benchmark in case you have to take it back slightly.
Center your rear sight, then do this. You'll probably have to start shooting at 25 yds.

Last edited by 753X0; 07-25-2009 at 01:02 AM.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:59 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Sorry bout that, it was at a 100 yds and using the iron sights, I was using " Bright Sights " for targets, neon yellow with red rings 5 targets to a sheet.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:04 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I from a town just outside of Houlton. I'm working in Bangor and live in Old Town now, but go up there most every week-end.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:09 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Boy View Post
I from a town just outside of Houlton. I'm working in Bangor and live in Old Town now, but go up there most every week-end.
ahh ya ,, I work with a guy now that used to reside in oldtown. I am down around Portland area