Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Split Lower

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 10:32 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

good to know since i was thinkin of buyin a BM dissipator upper. that wont be happenin now! total bs

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 08-31-2010, 10:34 PM   #42

Liked 941 Times on 666 Posts
Likes Given: 925

Man that's unbelievable! I would have thought BM would take care of their customers. No doubt they've lost some new ones after this story has circulated on the net. A real shame you've had to endure this pathetic service Flint...

Old 09-03-2010, 12:23 PM   #43

Likes Given: 2

haha, unbelievable...

I will never buy a bushmaster now knowing this... thanks!

Old 09-16-2010, 01:08 AM   #44

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Two weeks ago, at the four month point, I called Bushmaster about my rifle. They still hadn't gotten to it. I asked them to send me a gun........ any gun...... no dice.
I talked to Bushmaster again today. The four and a half month seemed like another good time to call. I was told very nicely that they thought they "might" get to my gun this month.
Near the end of our talk the CS rep got my phone number, again. I was told they would call me when they were done with my gun. It sure sounded a lot like......... "Don't call us, we'll call you."

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:29 AM   #45

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Flint, at this point, I would call and ask to speak to the customer service manager. I would not take "not available" for an answer.

When you get the manager on the phone, I would explain everything you have told us, including the timeline.

Before you turn the conversation over to him/her for the "excuse of the moment", I would explain that you are a prominent member of an online community. Explain that this site specializes in firearms and if this extremely shoddy customer service issue can not be resolved, you will have no problem sharing the story of your woes with the 10,000 active members of the online community.

If there is no movement and no promise with a timeline....

I would recommend, and this is the only time I would recommend this - EVER, I would suggest you join as many gun forums as you can and post a very accurate, very easy to understand timeline about what happened to you and how the company responded.

I wish you the best of luck brother - you are definitely getting EFFED in the most pr0n star of ways.

JD

Old 09-28-2010, 12:07 PM   #46

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Today is the 5th monthly anniversary of my return of my split lower Bushmaster for repair. At this point it goes without saying that Bushmaster has not repaired/replaced the gun. It goes without saying that phone calls and emails to them are a complete waste of time and energy. It goes without saying that the only statement I can get out of Bushmaster is that they hope to get to it "soon".
I had planned to sell/trade the Bushmaster for something else when I got it back. Well, since it looks like I may never get it back, I just ordered a replacement. Soon I should have a Rock River Elite Operator. I will then sell my Bushmaster ORC (no problems with it), and I will sell the other Bushmaster when/if I get it back. I will never own another Bushmaster rifle or product.

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:10 AM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1951 Times on 1048 Posts
Likes Given: 2903

Quote:
I would recommend, and this is the only time I would recommend this - EVER, I would suggest you join as many gun forums as you can and post a very accurate, very easy to understand timeline about what happened to you and how the company responded.
+1

I have never hear of any company holding a mans gun for this long without repairing it.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #48

I think i will email bushmaster and let them know I would never own one of thier products. Customer Service is what makes a company. Let them know the word is out !!!

Old 10-07-2010, 12:37 AM   #49

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The sea has parted and Bushmaster has delivered. Five months, one week, and one day. I got my gun back today. Actually, I got a replacement gun. A new gun. That's right, after all this time they just sent me a new gun. Any junior gunsmith working on the loading dock could have told the customer service people five months ago that my gun couldn't be fixed and that it needed to be replaced.
On a side note.
Bushmaster C.S. told me they would call and give me a heads up when the gun shipped. You guessed it,,,,,, no call.
Bushmaster screwed my address up,,,,,,,, but UPS figured it out. Thanks UPS.
New gun,,,,,,, no new paperwork.
No note or letter of apology for the five plus month wait.

If you see a guy walking around the Gun Show this weekend trying to sell/trade off a Bushmaster, say hello to me.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:30 AM   #50

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Just too special for words. No more Bushy for me....

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."