Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Split Lower

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcreep927 View Post
That's why I mentioned it...
Good catch, I bet Bushmaster will say the same thing.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:08 AM   #22

Liked 929 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 908

I hope you get your C-15 back soon and in working order, Flint!

You never mortared your rifle to extract a stuck case did you? I've heard of that breaking polymer and even aluminum lowers so that might be something Bushmaster would say is not under warranty but just about anything else points to a weakness or defect in that particular polymer receiver. Bushmaster supposedly solved strength problems with the polymer (that the previous maker was having before BM bought the design). I've also seen pictures of Vulcan/Hesse polymer receivers broken right there too. Seems to be a bigger problem with Vulcan than Carbon-15. Thanks for the good pictures, I've never seen this with the BM.

My friend has a C-15 in 5.56 and it's a real handy little carbine. I like it a lot. Hopefully you'll be back up and running soon.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:04 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I just called Bushmaster. The word is............... one more month.

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'd call that unacceptable!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 07-06-2010, 03:22 PM   #25

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Rock View Post
I just called Bushmaster. The word is............... one more month.
Did they give any indication as to WHY it was taking so long? Are they having a bunch of problems with this model, or what?

Definitely unacceptable in my book.

JD

Old 07-06-2010, 04:15 PM   #26

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Oh "SNAP" literally. I have never seen this or heard about it, ever. You posted in April and its now July. Id be getting a little pissed. What exactly did you send them? Did you just send the lower? Do they have any of your after market parts? You might want to tell them to take a hike and repund your money you dont fell comfortable/safe firing their weapon.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:21 PM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I sent back the entire gun, minus the AimPoint sight that I had on it. I was told that they had closed the plant that handled all the Carbon rifles and moved that part of their operation to the Windham factory (the place that they had me send my gun to). Anyway, they have the gun, they have the parts, but as of yet they have not had a chance to inventory all the parts that came over from the now closed plant. Once they do that inventory they will repair my gun.
I did point out that this rifle would not be repaired. A split lower is not a repair, it's a replacement. Well,,,,,,, "We'll make that determination after we get up and running here." I would think the simple thing for Bushmaster to do would be pull a rifle off the rack and send it to me as a replacement. They seem to be off the opinion of replacing the lower receiver, after inventory.
The bright side of all this is that it gives me time to figure out what I want to replace the Bushmaster with. When that Bushmaster comes back it will find itself on the used gun rack at my favorite gun dealer.

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #28

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Rock View Post
I sent back the entire gun, minus the AimPoint sight that I had on it. I was told that they had closed the plant that handled all the Carbon rifles and moved that part of their operation to the Windham factory (the place that they had me send my gun to). Anyway, they have the gun, they have the parts, but as of yet they have not had a chance to inventory all the parts that came over from the now closed plant. Once they do that inventory they will repair my gun.
I did point out that this rifle would not be repaired. A split lower is not a repair, it's a replacement. Well,,,,,,, "We'll make that determination after we get up and running here." I would think the simple thing for Bushmaster to do would be pull a rifle off the rack and send it to me as a replacement. They seem to be off the opinion of replacing the lower receiver, after inventory.
The bright side of all this is that it gives me time to figure out what I want to replace the Bushmaster with. When that Bushmaster comes back it will find itself on the used gun rack at my favorite gun dealer.
Id do the same. In fact Id be on every site I could telling anyone that would listen of this experience. I cant believe a company like Bushmaster would do this w/ all the comp that is out there. Everybody and thier dog makes ARs these days. How the heck do you fix something like that and expect it to have the integrity it had before. F that.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:26 PM   #29

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Ouch! Yeah, forget Bushmaster, I've rarely heard good things about their warranty service and post-purchase support. If looking for a recommendation based on those qualifications, S&W back the M&P 15 series by lifetime warranty and a proactive attitude towards throwing replacements at the problem, whether it be a part or the whole rifle in need. They've treated me very well recently on a simple walking hammer pin issue. In fact, thier response surprised me in their speed at throwing replacement parts at problems. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be sweating you over this issue like Bushmaster has.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:57 AM   #30

Liked 929 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 908

That's pathetic customer service, shame on Bushmaster. Inventory parts, good grief what a load of bull! I agree, they should send you a new rifle, and not a Carbon-15 - I'd say you've earned one of their models with aluminum receivers.

Also sorry to hear the Lake Havasu, AZ plant closed down. Arizona has enough problems already without more people losing jobs.