Sons of Guns Building .458 AR - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Sons of Guns Building .458 AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #71
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 834 Times on 394 Posts
Likes Given: 489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
they make it sound like it's impossible and has never been done.
An then he assigns the project to the 'gunsmith' who's been acting like a total goof-ball, just because his daughter begs him to do so, thus pi**ing off the rest of the crew,including the one guy who might actually have been able to do the project. What kind of business model is this?

Old 01-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36
An then he assigns the project to the 'gunsmith' who's been acting like a total goof-ball, just because his daughter begs him to do so, thus pi**ing off the rest of the crew,including the one guy who might actually have been able to do the project. What kind of business model is this?
That right there is where they have become a gunsmiths worried about televised ratings. It's all a ploy. Too bad, I'll bet they were a great shop before the boobtube took over.

Sent from my DROID3 using FirearmsTalk

Old 01-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #73
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22027 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36 View Post
if you own a business, you assign a project to the most qualified and capable person if you want to succeed in the project. the daughter who helps him run the business should know this, and the daddy should know this. maybe the daddy hopes he will fail in the project!

Old 01-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #74

I think it's a good show but too many commercials. The 458 took down a monster hog, no problem.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #75

Liked 1247 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 396

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36 View Post
I believe he assigned it to the kid because it's a can't fail project. What do you have to do to make an AR a special desert AR? A properly cleaned AR will fire quite reliably, I'm sure there are tweaks that they will make but it will be minor stuff that they try to sell to us as innovative never before seen modifications. I'd wager that many people who post in our AR section have equally reliable or more reliable AR's than what Red Jacket builds but our guys don't go around claiming they just invented the wheel.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 01-07-2012, 12:52 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus

I believe he assigned it to the kid because it's a can't fail project. What do you have to do to make an AR a special desert AR? A properly cleaned AR will fire quite reliably, I'm sure there are tweaks that they will make but it will be minor stuff that they try to sell to us as innovative never before seen modifications. I'd wager that many people who post in our AR section have equally reliable or more reliable AR's than what Red Jacket builds but our guys don't go around claiming they just invented the wheel.
Leads me to wonder how many smiths are down there that were willing to take an order like that...don't forget a lot of gunsmiths would hear the words "build me one...big enough to...and make it custom" and just tell you to bugger off or recommend someone who actually has the necessary equipment. Yeah they may play it off on the show as being innovative, but then, what exactly IS innovative when you ask for an AR that'll simply and somewhat quietly drop a 200lb beast, and do it quickly?

Sent from my DROID3 using FirearmsTalk