Sons of Guns Building .458 AR - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Sons of Guns Building .458 AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

I used to watch religiously, but now i'm Not a fan of the show...I don't see them "making" anything, just assembly and light mods. Usually building a bracket or mount. The owner is a "lil' too tuff" acting for my taste, and I don't know why the one kid has

Old 01-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #22

Hit the send button accidentally! Crap! As I was saying, I don't know why the one kid has taken to acting like "popeye", but that combined with the owners attitude has turned me off. JMHO.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #23

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
I used to watch religiously, but now i'm Not a fan of the show...I don't see them "making" anything, just assembly and light mods. Usually building a bracket or mount. The owner is a "lil' too tuff" acting for my taste, and I don't know why the one kid has
Them down home swamp people get paid to make them nutty things, money speaks loudly, many like seeing stuff even if they really know it's never going to see the light of day in any normal person's hands.

Lots of them made for T.V. shows are just plain stupid, but Red Jacket is making a lot of easy money staring in the show.

I think you were going to say the young kid has the hots for the boss's daughter correct?

Last edited by rifleshooter474; 01-04-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleshooter474

Them down home swamp people get paid to make them nutty things, money speaks loudly, many like seeing stuff even if they really know it's never going to see the light of day in any normal person's hands.

Lots of them made for T.V. shows are just plain stupid, but Red Jacket is making a lot of easy money staring in the show.

I think you were going to say the young kid has the hots for the boss's daughter correct?
Nah...he started acting like popeye. I swear, give him a corn cob pipe and he's dead on!

I'm being mean, I know. Just kidding around, actually. He seems like a good, polite kid. Just getting tired of the acting that seems prevalent now. The early eps are WAY better, in my opinion. As far as cash being the driver...yup, and nuthin' wrong with that. They are living the american dream. I'm from southern Oklahoma originally, so "I ain't gonna talk no trash about them down home boys", if you know what I mean...if you were to hear my accent, you'd understand.

JC

Old 01-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #25

Liked 360 Times on 285 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Say there swamp people as not fair . Those fools could just as easily be from any big city america or the mid west, well except IL. I know there show would keep me from ever going into there shop. Remember they lost the buisness do to bad business practice's. There just actors now. Bad to be the occ of firearms.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1605 Times on 1062 Posts
Likes Given: 1611

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
Say there swamp people as not fair . Those fools could just as easily be from any big city america or the mid west, well except IL. I know there show would keep me from ever going into there shop. Remember they lost the buisness do to bad business practice's. There just actors now. Bad to be the occ of firearms.
I guess I have to take a little blame here since I referred to the show as the soggy bottom boys. Not trying to disparage any group of people but you have to admit the cast of Sons of Guns doesn't come across as the brightest stars in the sky. Take it from me, I'm still basically a North Carolina hillbilly!
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 01-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #27

Liked 346 Times on 268 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Its a fun show. Nothing to take too seriously. I did like the Flamethrower episode, and the time they got their M16 gas tubes glowing.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5742 Times on 3366 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Vincent Buckles is from Detroit, MI. I guess that would make him a "damn yankee", but just because he stayed.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:17 AM   #29

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I take waiving guns around at each other while playing grab ass serious. Lets all remember there are people out there that make a living trying to outlaw our sport and they're probably getting a lot of ammunition from this show alone.

And did anyone notice the AR was completely dry when they tried to chamber that first round? Now tell me these people aren't full of sh*t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-05-2012, 03:35 AM   #30

I don't mind Sons of Guns and I'm ticked that I missed this AR episode...completely forgot it was on. I agree that they aren't being as innovative and inventive as they used to be...but I still think they're WAYYY better than American Guns....GOD I can't take those jokers- the 18 year old barbie "Oooh that Taurus is ADORABLE!!!"....makes me cringe.

Sent from my DROID3 using FirearmsTalk