Sons of Guns Building .458 AR - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Sons of Guns Building .458 AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1035 Times on 618 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
so now they are going to build something already been done? how are they going to make it an original? capable of shooting 1000 yards! i watched the show a few times when it first came on, but now i can't sit and watch it before the first commercial comes on. i just don't really like most reality shows, as they are IMO, scripted drama.
Its about like the show "call of the wildman" with the turtleman,lol. That show is so stupid but i cant turn it off.i laugh the the whole time

LIVE ACTION....TURTLEMAN STYLE!!

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-01-2012, 09:54 PM   #12

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My uncle used to say "You don't have to walk around with your pants down all the time to prove you're a man.", yet it seems that's what this Will Heyden pretty much does. Anyway I'm gonna watch this episode for the info & grins hoping there'll be some of both, & check this forum for more info on the .458 socom as well. Who knows, maybe I'll get the AR bug myself one day. jd45

Old 01-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6362 Times on 3375 Posts
Likes Given: 470

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd45 View Post
My uncle used to say "You don't have to walk around with your pants down all the time to prove you're a man.", yet it seems that's what this Will Heyden pretty much does. Anyway I'm gonna watch this episode for the info & grins hoping there'll be some of both, & check this forum for more info on the .458 socom as well. Who knows, maybe I'll get the AR bug myself one day. jd45
a number of us have socoms here built different ways. while you CAN suppress one its really not a terribly loud round to begin with. running subsonics you basically are wasting pricey 458 caliber bullets to get 45acp ballistics...

the socom really shines with full power loads. a better candidate for suppression is the 450 bushmaster because it uses pistol bullets in the 230grain range and up you can load it subsonic cheaply without buying more pricey 458's

redjacket suppressors are pretty much crap. little better than a hunk of threaded pipe from the local hardware store. so it doesnt surprise me they only list integral suppressed devices on their webpage. cant really tell how crappy their poi shift is if the end user cant take it off. heh.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 01-02-2012, 01:00 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1107 Times on 777 Posts
Likes Given: 1118

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
We used to watch 2 1/2 Men all the time until Ashton came aboard. I just can't get into it now. It's probably not him, just me not liking the change after years of Charlie.

Q, go to Tac TV's web page. I think you can watch the show there.
Thanks for the tip, MJ. I went to http://vickerstactical.com/ and it looks like Tac TV will be available online soon. Good deal. I'm a cable/satellite holdout, especially since HDTV over the air is beautiful. But then have to hit the sports bars occasionally to catch a big game though.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:55 AM   #15

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

So Jon, if as you say, the .458 SOCOM really shines with full-power loads, and speaking of suppression, what's the newest technology employed in dealing with recoil in full auto mode? Just curious.....I know a person must purchase a special, expensive lisence to own a full auto capable firearm. jd45

Old 01-02-2012, 02:16 AM   #16
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2469 Times on 1323 Posts
Likes Given: 879

What they are going to do is integrally suppress it, then tie 12 of them together that all fire sequentially through rotating fan blades and knock a house down with them.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 01-02-2012, 02:25 AM   #17

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

That was REALLY funny Scott, and I'm not being sarcastic! jd45

Old 01-02-2012, 02:27 AM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
What they are going to do is integrally suppress it, then tie 12 of them together that all fire sequentially through rotating fan blades and knock a house down with them.
All while doing cartwheels

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-02-2012, 02:27 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
Hahaha that is funny.. so true!

Old 01-02-2012, 02:41 AM   #20

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Lol and to hijack the thread, no wonder Vince left. He took a call from his preggo wife and Will made a big deal about personal time
I have to say, the acting as got a little lower key on the parts of kris and vince.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------