sold my DPMS - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

sold my DPMS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1153 Times on 749 Posts
Likes Given: 2043

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Ive got a circle of local friends that cant afford guns so my armory will go to arm them in case of ohsht. Me giving up a gun just for cash is a big deal. So if im going to do it its going to be worth my while to do so.
Amen brother , I only sell one when I have something in mind to take its place in the safe .
Quentin Likes This 
Old 01-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #32
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6820 Times on 3623 Posts
Likes Given: 513

People who think they can lone wolf it through the crap sandwhich thats coming when the worknots no longer get money from the feds are going to be sorely mistaken.

Humans are social creatures we cannot exist for long solely on our own.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
purehavoc Likes This 
Old 01-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1238 Times on 860 Posts
Likes Given: 1282

Very true guys! I don't advertise what I have to friends but if things go really bad I can help arm the ones I trust. Hope it doesn't get to that but better to have than to need - if in a desperate situation.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek
purehavoc Likes This 
Old 01-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #34

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

I sold one of my DPMS rifles for 2k. I just put up signs at gun ranges I frequent. The buyer tried to haggle. I told him I didn't want to sell the gun unless I got the asking price. He counted out the cash. I still have a DPMS carbine. I liked the carbine best and not going to sell it.

I might buy a Beretta Storm when everything gets back to normal. I am not buying anything right now, unless it's a hell of a deal.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #35

Liked 1153 Times on 749 Posts
Likes Given: 2043

People keep telling me you can't get that much out of it the markets leveling off.
BS!!!!!!!!! Its still stupid out there and I say if you think my price is to high. Move along someone else will or I will keep it. And guess what? Someone forked over the Ben Franklin's no haggling, nothing.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #36

Liked 353 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
People keep telling me you can't get that much out of it the markets leveling off.
BS!!!!!!!!! Its still stupid out there and I say if you think my price is to high. Move along someone else will or I will keep it. And guess what? Someone forked over the Ben Franklin's no haggling, nothing.
Things are just crazy right now. I've sold 5 BCGs on Ebay for a combined $1550. Probably had $650 into the batch. When I decided to drop $300 on a Noveske lower to complete a build, I sold a BCG on Ebay for $370 to cover it. And then I bought two more of the same BCG for $380 total. I actually have a good replenishing source for that part, so that's worked out well (I like to keep an extra M16 BCG or two on hand for spare parts or future builds).

I watch Bud's auction off a Colt AR with an upgraded quad rail for like $4k, while I build a very similar (but part for part, superior) gun for $1200....funded by the sale of my DPMS, a gun I was actually quite happy with, BTW. But my build is not a "factory" Colt...oh well, I suppose I can live with that $3000 shortcoming...Noveske lower, FN barrel, Cerakoted M16 BCG, etc...I'm okay with that.

Honestly, ignorance seems to be tripping over itself to pay a heavy price at the moment. Part of me wonders if that's the way the world ought to work.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #37
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
ive still got 5 other AR15 and a half dozen uppers... well... juan valdez does.
What are the odds of selling one of those uppers? I have a complete lower sitting idly by since I can find one for anything less than an insane price.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:24 PM   #38
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
It's not settling at all at the moment. My LGS had a hodge podge ar on the rack on consignment, it had a LRB lower and PSA upper. It sold in 2 days for $1400. Now they have 3 they just got on consignment that range from 1300 to 2200. Sat and Sun have minimum of 2 hour wait to get a lane. Those people spend stupid money. It's not gotten any better, and I don't forsee it getting any better until post-legislation (whatever it may be) and then time for manufacturers to catch up to at least low levels vs zero level

Old 01-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #39

Liked 353 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Check out PSA's "barreled upper assemblies" a couple times a day. Also enter your email address (as a notification/alert) in every BCM upper you like. They'll come up. It just helps to happen to be at your computer when they do.

PSA especially has had good deals on uppers lately. Their barrels are 1:7 milspec FN. I recently bought this PSA upper/FN barrel/MI handguard package for $499. That very setup has been up twice in the last week, and was available for most of a day in both cases.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #40
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6820 Times on 3623 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
What are the odds of selling one of those uppers? I have a complete lower sitting idly by since I can find one for anything less than an insane price.
Pretty much zero. They are all spares or special calibers like 45acp 458 socom etc
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent