sold my DPMS - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > sold my DPMS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
well a few weeks ago i listed my dpms panther M4 for sale and was asking 2100$ for it at the local gunstore i deal with. i wouldnt normally sell an AR15 but i figure hey why not putting a ridiculous price and see what happens. make it worth my while to sell a gun. im asked frequently at ranges if i want to sell some of my guns even before this gun ban idiocy started and i always quote stupid prices. so its not like im doping anything i dont normally do when selling a gun for cash. i dont really like losing a gun just for money so i always want to make sure im going to get a stupid amount if i sell strictly for cash

welllllll... it sold day before yesterday. i honestly did not think ANYONE would buy it for the asking price since i told the shop no haggling on price. i dropped by to see if they had anything on the shelf and noticed the rifle missing out of the consignment case.

on the up side they DID have something interesting on the shelf. a compact M9A1 INOX

this isnt a pic of the actual pistol its one i dug up off the net. its not even listed as a product on beretta's website yet

wife gets the rest i get my initial money back so im not out a gun and the wife gets hors money. she was a LITTLE cranky when i told her i was taking a share but since she is sick its a good time to be in the nookie doghouse.
Timing is everything....in more ways than one.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Old 01-18-2013, 12:16 AM   #12

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenderribbs View Post
I feel the same way I could sell one of my lower end Ars and upgrade when all this settles down , but if they ban them how you going to buy one ? I'm afraid I won't be able to replace it . I have 5 Ar's so I guess I could risk it. But ... I'm too whimpy I guess to gamble
I have 5 . Time for something different. I only have one more I would even consider moving the other 3 no way. This new one should be fun. Might just get on the list to sbr

Old 01-18-2013, 03:20 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 262 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 36

My DPMS has been in the LGS for the last several days. It's a carbine upgraded with MOE furniture throughout, a Millet Red Dot, and a brand new M16 BCG. So basically, a $700 rifle upgraded to a $900-1K rifle. I really like it and had it set up just right for my needs. But it'll probably bring $1500-1800, so I started a new build to essentially replace it with an upgrade.

Yesterday I secured a Noveske lower to complete the replacement. PSA/MI upper, Cerakoted M16 BCG, PSA/Magpul lower build kit, Magpul MBUS sights, Gunfighter CH, Vortex Strikefire red/green dot...with probably $300 left over to pay off my G20 when it arrives.

This hysteria will get old quickly, but I have to admit it's been interesting getting paid to upgrade my gear in recent weeks.

Last edited by sweeper22; 01-18-2013 at 03:23 AM.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
but I have to admit it's been interesting getting paid to upgrade my gear in recent weeks.
You got that right , Sold that rifle for $1800 upgraded rifles and I see that Kriss on GB bringing $3000+ Hmmmmm another upgrade in my future

Old 01-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #15
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2230 Times on 1204 Posts
Likes Given: 802

I'm really liking all this panic buying. I sold the Plum Crazy for a 400% return, sold another gun I wasn't really using for what I paid for it 8 years ago. The proceeds are going to a new Kahr PM9 that I will pick up later today.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
Quentin Likes This 
Old 01-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #16
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post

You got that right , Sold that rifle for $1800 upgraded rifles and I see that Kriss on GB bringing $3000+ Hmmmmm another upgrade in my future
$3000 for the kriss isn't that bad. The ma compliant version goes for $2750 normally.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
$3000 for the kriss isn't that bad. The ma compliant version goes for $2750 normally.
Then you dont want to know what I paid for this one . far far cheaper than the MA version

Old 01-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #18
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2230 Times on 1204 Posts
Likes Given: 802

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Then you dont want to know what I paid for this one . far far cheaper than the MA version

So are they as stable as the purport to be?

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 01-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #19
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
well a few weeks ago i listed my dpms panther M4 for sale and was asking 2100$ for it at the local gunstore i deal with. i wouldnt normally sell an AR15 but i figure hey why not putting a ridiculous price and see what happens. make it worth my while to sell a gun. im asked frequently at ranges if i want to sell some of my guns even before this gun ban idiocy started and i always quote stupid prices. so its not like im doping anything i dont normally do when selling a gun for cash. i dont really like losing a gun just for money so i always want to make sure im going to get a stupid amount if i sell strictly for cash

welllllll... it sold day before yesterday. i honestly did not think ANYONE would buy it for the asking price since i told the shop no haggling on price. i dropped by to see if they had anything on the shelf and noticed the rifle missing out of the consignment case.

on the up side they DID have something interesting on the shelf. a compact M9A1 INOX

this isnt a pic of the actual pistol its one i dug up off the net. its not even listed as a product on beretta's website yet

wife gets the rest i get my initial money back so im not out a gun and the wife gets hors money. she was a LITTLE cranky when i told her i was taking a share but since she is sick its a good time to be in the nookie doghouse.
That is a great looking pistol. I could not find it on the Beretta website either. If you dont mind me asking but what is the model number? Or is it just called a M9A1 compact. Thanks

HOTTY TODDY!!!!
towboater Likes This 
Old 01-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
So are they as stable as the purport to be?
l really dont know yet they claim less than 2 degrees of muzzle rise , havent had it out yet , possibly this weekend but I have a aimpoint coming to go on the top of it so I would rather wait and use as little ammo as I need to to get it sighted in with since its so cheap and in short supply right now