sold my DPMS
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > sold my DPMS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5803 Times on 3030 Posts
Likes Given: 398

Default sold my DPMS

well a few weeks ago i listed my dpms panther M4 for sale and was asking 2100$ for it at the local gunstore i deal with. i wouldnt normally sell an AR15 but i figure hey why not putting a ridiculous price and see what happens. make it worth my while to sell a gun. im asked frequently at ranges if i want to sell some of my guns even before this gun ban idiocy started and i always quote stupid prices. so its not like im doping anything i dont normally do when selling a gun for cash. i dont really like losing a gun just for money so i always want to make sure im going to get a stupid amount if i sell strictly for cash

welllllll... it sold day before yesterday. i honestly did not think ANYONE would buy it for the asking price since i told the shop no haggling on price. i dropped by to see if they had anything on the shelf and noticed the rifle missing out of the consignment case.

on the up side they DID have something interesting on the shelf. a compact M9A1 INOX

this isnt a pic of the actual pistol its one i dug up off the net. its not even listed as a product on beretta's website yet

wife gets the rest i get my initial money back so im not out a gun and the wife gets hors money. she was a LITTLE cranky when i told her i was taking a share but since she is sick its a good time to be in the nookie doghouse.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 01-17-2013 at 06:29 PM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6574 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
well a few weeks ago i listed my dpms panther M4 for sale and was asking 2100$ for it at the local gunstore i deal with. i wouldnt normally sell an AR15 but i figure hey why not putting a ridiculous price and see what happens. make it worth my while to sell a gun. im asked frequently at ranges if i want to sell some of my guns even before this gun ban idiocy started and i always quote stupid prices. so its not like im doping anything i dont normally do when selling a gun for cash. i dont really like losing a gun just for money so i always want to make sure im going to get a stupid amount if i sell strictly for cash

welllllll... it sold day before yesterday. i honestly did not think ANYONE would buy it for the asking price since i told the shop no haggling on price. i dropped by to see if they had anything on the shelf and noticed the rifle missing out of the consignment case.

on the up side they DID have something interesting on the shelf. a compact M9A1 INOX

this isnt a pic of the actual pistol its one i dug up off the net. its not even listed as a product on beretta's website yet

wife gets the rest i get my initial money back so im not out a gun and the wife gets hors money. she was a LITTLE cranky when i told her i was taking a share but since she is sick its a good time to be in the nookie doghouse.
Congrats on the sale, and the new handgun.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

i was ambivalant about selling and mostly hoping it wouldnt sell. the environment is right to get rid of a lower end gun. i feel only slightly guilty but not enough to lose sleep over.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6574 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
i was ambivalant about selling and mostly hoping it wouldnt sell. the environment is right to get rid of a lower end gun. i feel only slightly guilty but not enough to lose sleep over.
I understand that. I've decided that I will not ever sell, or trade one of my guns unless I absolutely had too.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I understand that. I've decided that I will not ever sell, or trade one of my guns unless I absolutely had too.
ive still got 5 other AR15 and a half dozen uppers... well... juan valdez does.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 01-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #6

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Jon , I have done the same thing I moved one of my ARs with a 20" colt target upper today , and it saddens me very deeply as I really like that rifle , great trigger and dead nutz accurate . Oh well the price was right and I have a new one to replace its spot

.45 ACP and yes I will be picking it up tomorrow

Old 01-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

nice!! if i get rid of a gun its almost always to get a better one as well.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #8

Liked 1037 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1034

Good news guys! I think it's wise to offer up an AR now that you've been tempted to sell before. Odds are you'll upgrade it later in the year for less money (assuming the panic buying dies down). I think about it, too but only have three ARs and they're of good quality. No doubt I could double my money but could I replace them with similar quality...

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 01-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #9

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

I feel the same way I could sell one of my lower end Ars and upgrade when all this settles down , but if they ban them how you going to buy one ? I'm afraid I won't be able to replace it . I have 5 Ar's so I guess I could risk it. But ... I'm too whimpy I guess to gamble

Old 01-17-2013, 11:04 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenderribbs View Post
I feel the same way I could sell one of my lower end Ars and upgrade when all this settles down , but if they ban them how you going to buy one ? I'm afraid I won't be able to replace it . I have 5 Ar's so I guess I could risk it. But ... I'm too whimpy I guess to gamble
i know what you mean. if that dpms was a better grade of ar15 i wouldnt have done it.