Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   So Sad, Sad Sad Sad, :'( (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/so-sad-sad-sad-sad-83373/)

AgentTikki 02-04-2013 07:20 PM

So Sad, Sad Sad Sad, :'(

I was invited on The hunting trip of a lifetime this past weekend. Wild board hunting on Catalina Island! So I packed up all my gear, and lent my friends some of my spares took my whole collection. Halfway there, in the middle of the Pacific, our boat started taking on water! It literally sank in 15 minutes!

Fortunately I escaped with with my life. Luckily no hands were lost, there were 8 of us including the crew I did have to sit in the hot sun while waiting for rescue. But alas, sad sad day, my entire collection is lost as sea. I know I should be thankful that all my buddies made it back in one piece. But alll my gear, all my firearms are all in Davy Jones' Locker.

I'm ready to /wrist.

Axxe55 02-04-2013 07:41 PM

AT, that's awful! but i'm glad all you ae safe and sound. well time for you to start some new AR's!:D

ScottA 02-04-2013 07:44 PM

Dang man. That really sucks. Hey, look on the bright side... you won't have to go through any of that pesky paperwork if any new legislation gets passed.

X-mark 02-04-2013 07:52 PM

At least you are alive and well and have an awesome story to tell! So, anyone want to go on a deep deep deep sea diving expedition next week?

AgentTikki 02-04-2013 07:57 PM

Well it's not just me, but all my shooting buds and a couple of uncles were all on that trip. We all lost our collections. At least we got home in time to see San Francisco come back and lose >.<

Zombiegirl 02-04-2013 08:03 PM

Glad you are all safe but that really stinks. :(

canebrake 02-04-2013 08:39 PM

Tikki I've fished the waters off Long Beach from the San Gabriel Canyon to the Avalon Knoll and that water can get deep! Soundings of 1,000 meters and more are not uncommon.

The good news, no one was lost in this terrible accident at sea! The bad news, In that depth of water your boat.....and your entire gun collection are past civilian salvage depth. Unless you have Richard Branson type deep pockets I think you may well have to write-off your gun collection as a total loss.

Sorry dude, I feel your pain.

So Sad, Sad Sad Sad

SSGN_Doc 02-04-2013 09:12 PM

I had a similar incident in the Puget Sound. Sucks to lose every rifle that the government is interested in, just when the prices were getting good. Horrible economic and collector luck, but I still have my friends just like you do. The sea can be a real witch, but at least she spared our lives.

longunner 02-04-2013 09:25 PM

Looks like its time for a scuba trip :p

SSGN_Doc 02-04-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNARG (Post 1123939)
Looks like its time for a scuba trip :p

Good luck in those waters. I don't think basic scuba would get you there and keep you alive.