So let me get this straight...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > So let me get this straight...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 12:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default So let me get this straight...

In order for me to order an AR-15 stripped lower reciever I go to my local FFL, in my case it's an Army Navy store, and tell them that I wish to order an AR-15 stripped lower reciever online and that I need them to order it for me?.. Then they tell me that they are going to charge so much for a transfer fee, I say ok, then what?.. We pull up a computer in the shop and order it right there?.. or do they give me some information I am suppose to type in when ordering at home?.. they order it for me once i go away if I just tell them what I want?..or do they have some sort of catalog I choose from?.. this is the part where I get lost in all of the non-sense. Please help it would be very nice.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-16-2011, 12:25 AM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

They order it, fax a copy of their FFL to the seller and 7 - 10 days later you have a stripped lower!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:34 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I order, tell them who my FFL is and what his address is, pay for it. Contact my FFL, give him the information. If he is not already on their FFL list, he sends them his information and they ship it to him.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 08-16-2011, 01:00 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I just went to my local gun shop and expressed my interest in getting a stripped AR lower for a 5.56 cal. build and asked them which ones they could get for me fairly quick and at what price. They offered me Stag, Armalite and DPSM at various prices. 7-days later they had my Armalite ready for pick-up.

If you want a particular brand vs. the ones they can get through their suppliers, ordering one yourself online and having them do the FFL transfer is an option. You should shop around to see if there's anyone else in your community that can do it for a better price before commiting.

The FFL holder you choose will need to know where you ordered it and what the order number is so he can arrange to send them a copy of his license and then arrange for the shipping to his location to receive it. It has to come to him before he can deliver it to you.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:18 AM   #5

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolbeans194 View Post
In order for me to order an AR-15 stripped lower reciever I go to my local FFL, in my case it's an Army Navy store, and tell them that I wish to order an AR-15 stripped lower reciever online and that I need them to order it for me?.. Then they tell me that they are going to charge so much for a transfer fee, I say ok, then what?.. We pull up a computer in the shop and order it right there?.. or do they give me some information I am suppose to type in when ordering at home?.. they order it for me once i go away if I just tell them what I want?..or do they have some sort of catalog I choose from?.. this is the part where I get lost in all of the non-sense. Please help it would be very nice.
The FFL has to take delivery then transfer the lower to you...nothing says that they have to order it. You can purchase a lower anywhere, you just cannot take posession directly from the seller (barring a face-to-face)

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 08-16-2011, 10:16 PM   #6

Liked 980 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasshartt View Post
I order, tell them who my FFL is and what his address is, pay for it. Contact my FFL, give him the information. If he is not already on their FFL list, he sends them his information and they ship it to him.
I usually do it like Glass. I know my FFL, address and how much they charge. Good to call ahead just to doublecheck of course. Then go shopping for what I want online, order and pass on my FFL info. About a week later I get a call that it's in at my FFL and I go pick it up.

ETA:
Don't forget that some gunshops have lowers in stock, so in that case I bet in Texas you walk in, choose from what they've got, fill out the paperwork, pay the man and walk out with your lower in 15 minutes. That's what I did last week in Idaho.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Last edited by Quentin; 08-16-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Old 08-17-2011, 03:24 AM   #7

even better quentin,we have gunshows. i went to one 2 weeks ago that had at least 8 dealers of only ar stuff. dealer a in this corner has lower x for $80 while dealer b wayyy over there has the same lower for $90. wander,remember,and bargain. i picked up a surplus ammo lower for $60 after i swore that i saw one on the net for $50.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:30 PM   #8

Liked 980 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 984

Yeah WB, a gun show might be a good place to stumble across a deal on a lower... never know what you might find.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.