Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > So im a fng

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 01:26 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post
Assembly is taking parts built by others and putting them together. Building is taking raw material and making the parts then putting them together.

I'm a sissy. I prefer factory built/assembled ARs (uppers mostly).
You really should read Spitty's build thread, pretty inspiring and impressive .... might toughen you up some

With that said I am in favor of assembling your own - if you have played with legos you can assemble an AR. If not than decide on what you want to do and accomplsih with the AR, then decide on a price point. From there you will easily get a dozen or more manufactures to compare. Then it's just a matter of comparing spec's and reviews to get what you want and what you feel is important to you.

Oh, don't forget to read the stickies and build threads - more information contained in them than one could possible ask for

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Dillinger Likes This 
Old 07-07-2012, 02:14 AM   #12

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
You really should read Spitty's build thread, pretty inspiring and impressive .... might toughen you up some

With that said I am in favor of assembling your own - if you have played with legos you can assemble an AR. If not than decide on what you want to do and accomplsih with the AR, then decide on a price point. From there you will easily get a dozen or more manufactures to compare. Then it's just a matter of comparing spec's and reviews to get what you want and what you feel is important to you.

Oh, don't forget to read the stickies and build threads - more information contained in them than one could possible ask for
I tried but don't have access. Dropped my paid membership. I definitely need some toughening up. I'm fairly bashful.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:01 AM   #13

Liked 972 Times on 683 Posts
Likes Given: 972

Why do I get the feeling my chain's being yanked again!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.