Smith enterprise sound suppressor
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Smith enterprise sound suppressor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default Smith enterprise sound suppressor

I just emailed smith enterprise requesting the price of the windtalker M4DC 5.56 sound suppressor.. I also see tht they have a 5.56 "sound moderator".. Wat is the difference between the two and which one is better?

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-11-2011, 11:44 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5994 Times on 3136 Posts
Likes Given: 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
I just emailed smith enterprise requesting the price of the windtalker M4DC 5.56 sound suppressor.. I also see tht they have a 5.56 "sound moderator".. Wat is the difference between the two and which one is better?
moderator is what the europeans call suppressors. just a difference in terminology. in europe a suppressors is required in a lot of countries due to hearing safety issues. unlike our govt this is one area the euros are way ahead of us on.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

moderator is what the europeans call suppressors. just a difference in terminology. in europe a suppressors is required in a lot of countries due to hearing safety issues. unlike our govt this is one area the euros are way ahead of us on.
Thts good info, but they look different too,the one their calling the moderator is shorter and is split in two sections.. Which one do u think is better?

Old 09-12-2011, 03:00 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5994 Times on 3136 Posts
Likes Given: 428

Quote:
Thts good info, but they look different too,the one their calling the moderator is shorter and is split in two sections.. Which one do u think is better?
they might then be using the term as a model description to differentiate it from their other products.

personally never heard of em. but there are a lot of suppressor companies ive never heard of. might try a post in the NFA/class3 section you might get a better response.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-12-2011, 03:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

they might then be using the term as a model description to differentiate it from their other products.

personally never heard of em. but there are a lot of suppressor companies ive never heard of. might try a post in the NFA/class3 section you might get a better response.
Ok thanks,, smith enterprise is the company tht makes the vortex flash hider

Old 09-12-2011, 03:26 AM   #6

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Smith Enterprise, Inc. is the company that makes the Vortex Flash Eliminator. It's one of the more effective flash hiders out there.

They make suppressors that mate to the Vortex.

Their Wind Talker 5.56mm Sound Moderator model is built for the Canadian Special Forces.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-13-2011, 12:23 AM   #7

I just received an email from smith enterprise, the sound suppressor is $950.00 and claims to have a 30db drop and the sound moderator has a 17db drop..

Old 09-13-2011, 12:49 AM   #8

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
I just received an email from smith enterprise, the sound suppressor is $950.00 and claims to have a 30db drop and the sound moderator has a 17db drop..
Remember that in addition to the $950 cost of the can there is a $200 tax stamp.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-13-2011, 01:10 AM   #9

Does the tax stamp only apply to the suppressor?