Slings - single or double
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Slings - single or double

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Slings - single or double

Been an avid reader of this site for awhile now. Thanks to all for very informative posts.

Background:
I partially built my AR some months ago (built lower, bought complete upper). Basic components:
Stag Lower
2 stage stag trigger
16" BCM reece upper with troy rails
BCM BCG
gunfighter medium charging handle
(pictures forthcoming)
Eotech (i believe its the 512, one that takes AA batteries)

put over 1000 rds thru it - love it
Now on to my question:
I have a friend who has a membership to a gun club outside of Las Vegas. He has given me a free pass (2k value) to attend a 4day practical rifle class...so why not right?
Anyway I need to get a sling and am torn between single point or double.

Which do yall prefer and why? What brand Vickers?

Thanks,

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #2

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Front sight eh? Be careful.....I think it may be a cult... o.o. (jk)

Single is faster, but can be diffult to run with (and painful)

Double is more comfortable, and can be used to help steady your shots when configured right.

Never played with a vickers but I have two ares armor huskys and wounldnt trade it fer anything.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Vickers Double A Padded w/ the sewn in QD swivels.

That's a bad ass friend you have there, is he looking for more?

Nice choice in a rifle. I'm looking forward to those pics.

Edit: I forgot the "why". Comfort and I prefer how the 2 point positions the rifle close to the body and it doesn't allow it to move around as much when moving.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

yeah lol, I read all that cult stuff online, but it's free and I'm not looking to socialize. Anyone have any experience with front site? not trying to derail OT. Thanks I'll look up ares armor..

Old 01-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #5

I've read many reports that the classes are good and well taught.

One interesting thing that I've read, is that there is shop nearby FS that will give discounts to FS students and hold ammo at their store or deliver it to your instructor for you so that you don't have to fly wth it.

It really does seem kind of cultish how they attempt to expand membership by offerering free classes. But a free carbine class is a free carbine class souns like a blast 2 me

Old 01-18-2012, 02:40 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey MJ, I can't find the vickers with sewn in QD swivels to read up on it....got a source? Thanks

Old 01-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

So after those great suggestions I've looked around even more and stubbled on the 2 to1 triglide. Seems to be best of both worlds and regardless of whether its vikings padded or ares armor the setup intrigues me. Do ya'll know if anyone sells sewn in QD swivels for front and regular on rear to utilize the triglide above the QD on rear?
Anyone run this setup?

Sounds like im lazy and should just sew it myself but between work, kids, life, etc I know I wouldn't sew it myself for months.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millerlite View Post
So after those great suggestions I've looked around even more and stubbled on the 2 to1 triglide. Seems to be best of both worlds and regardless of whether its vikings padded or ares armor the setup intrigues me. Do ya'll know if anyone sells sewn in QD swivels for front and regular on rear to utilize the triglide above the QD on rear?
Anyone run this setup?

Sounds like im lazy and should just sew it myself but between work, kids, life, etc I know I wouldn't sew it myself for months.
The only 1 to 2 point I ever used was the MS2 so I can't really comment as I didn't like it because it was to thin.

If you want something sewn take it to one of those alteration places. They have the big machines that can handle the thick material.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Blue Force Gear Vickers Sling w/ Push Button QD Swivels - Black Sewn in QD swivels.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 01-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #10

The MS3 is supossedly wider and more comfortable.

Before going with a sewn in qd swivel, please check your gear and make sure it can accept a qd slot/hole thingy. Some rear stocks don't.