Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Slings (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/slings-68905/)

powell0892 07-25-2012 01:23 AM

Slings

So I'm a little confused on slings, in fact I know nothing about brands or what type to get. What do I want a 1 point, 2, or 3 point? Brands? Thanks for any help guys!

mountainman13 07-25-2012 01:34 AM

The Blackhawk site probably has videos for the different slings.

ktmboyz 07-25-2012 02:00 AM

I have a 3 point on one of my rifles and don't really like it due to it covering the side of the firearm when used as a 3 pt, aside from that I really like the use of the 3 point so its kind of a love hate thing for me lol

My YHM rifle has a Magpul Ms3 that can be used as a single or two point and really like that one and is a quality make sling. I am planning on changing my M&P from a sinlge Condor Cobra bungee type to the magpul.

X-mark 07-25-2012 02:13 AM

watch the magpul videos to see single point slings used and then watch the Vickers Tactical videos to see how a two-point sling is run. It will come down to personal preference and certain weapons are better handled with certain sling setups, so the best thing may be to try a convertible sling, like the Magpul MS3. Once you figure out what works for you and your setup, then you can look into getting a better sling, if the MS3 doesn't cut it for you.

If you decide on single point, watch your knees and nuts!

jjfuller1 07-25-2012 02:15 AM

I have a Blackhawks 3 point and also an old school m1/ m16 sling. If your patrolling the 3 pnt is great but I can shoot way better using the oldschool one

Quentin 07-25-2012 04:19 AM

I like the padded VTAC two point and have a couple of them. I hear the Blue Force Gear/Vickers VCAS is excellent too. And the Magpul. In addition to the videos X-mark mentioned, watch Kyle Lamb's on the VTAC.

fetep 07-25-2012 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-mark
watch the magpul videos to see single point slings used and then watch the Vickers Tactical videos to see how a two-point sling is run. It will come down to personal preference and certain weapons are better handled with certain sling setups, so the best thing may be to try a convertible sling, like the Magpul MS3. Once you figure out what works for you and your setup, then you can look into getting a better sling, if the MS3 doesn't cut it for you.

If you decide on single point, watch your knees and nuts!

Amen! Ouch!

powell0892 07-25-2012 03:10 PM

Thanks guys, think I will go with the Magpul MS3 that way I can figure out what I like.

AgentTikki 07-25-2012 03:13 PM

Personally like my Ares Armor Husky, adjusts fast, comfortable, sturdy.

Sniper03 07-25-2012 03:24 PM

I have had all kinds of slings and still do. But the best slings that I have found is URBAN E.R.T. Slings that are made in Indiana. You can find them on the Internet and there is a video on You-Tube Urban E.R.T. Slings at the Shot Show. And of course they have a website.
Anyway some of the slings are convertible. You can have one sling that will become a single point, two point and so forth.
Might take a look at them! And as I said they are 100% Made in the Good Old USA!

Ron