Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Sling options. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/sling-options-86008/)

kytowboater 03-07-2013 05:50 PM

Alrightyyyyy, so looking at sling options.

What is a good idea? I've thrown the idea around of a single point as they are cheap and easy.

My MSR has FSB with sling attachment, my stock is a magpul ctr that will accept something. I also installed an ambi plate on the buffer tube. What's y'all's favorite option?

Mainly a range lizard rifle, may take along for roaming the farmland my buddies own. I prefer comfort and ease being able to get the rifle to the ready.

drvsafe 03-07-2013 05:58 PM

Check out blue force gear. They have a combat applications sling, designed with Larry Vickers, so it's well thought out and a bit on the expensive side but worthy of a look. I think I paid $50 for mine?

kytowboater 03-07-2013 07:54 PM

Okay I'll look into that as well. The rifle won't see much usage at all. Are the cheaper single point "bungee" slings any account?

AgentTikki 03-07-2013 07:58 PM

Ares Armor Huskey Amentum

boudmanj 03-07-2013 09:31 PM

I'm a fan of the magpul ms3, can be ran as a one or two point sling and pretty confortable

sputnik1988 03-07-2013 09:59 PM

I have one of the blue force gear VCAS slings on my AR and love it, i put a qd sling swivel on it and attached it to my CTR stock. Works very well. I paid about $30 for the sling and $20 for the qd swivel

Quentin 03-07-2013 10:08 PM

I also like the VCAS but ended up getting the very similar and very good VTAC two-point. My favorite LGS had the padded version for $35 and I got a couple.

jjfuller1 03-07-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kytowboater (Post 1167458)
Alrightyyyyy, so looking at sling options.

What is a good idea? I've thrown the idea around of a single point as they are cheap and easy.

My MSR has FSB with sling attachment, my stock is a magpul ctr that will accept something. I also installed an ambi plate on the buffer tube. What's y'all's favorite option?

Mainly a range lizard rifle, may take along for roaming the farmland my buddies own. I prefer comfort and ease being able to get the rifle to the ready.

i have an older green surplus sling, and a blackhawk 3 point sling.

ease of comfort and going to the ready? the 3 point sling

longer distance shooting? the old school sling

price? old school sling.
which is better for you? thats hard to say.
your range habits may help you decide.
do you like to take a second or two to settle in or do you prefer to bring it up and go bang bang bang.

Ruger52 03-07-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kytowboater (Post 1167573)
Okay I'll look into that as well. The rifle won't see much usage at all. Are the cheaper single point "bungee" slings any account?

I have a single point bungee sling, and it works OK. But when I go hunting with my AR I like the use of a 2 point sling, for hands free. I think my single point is a less expensive midway special, and my two point is a magpul.

kytowboater 03-07-2013 10:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay sounds like a two point is the way to go then. Will they mount to the stock or the ambi sling thing a ma dooder I put on the buffer tube?

This thing.