You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

single stage trigger choices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #21
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7455 Times on 3974 Posts
Likes Given: 594

My rra two stage comes to a total of 5lbs pull 2 on takeup and 3 for the sear and breaks as smooth as any single stage.

My wife's giesselle is even better with a 3.5 total making it better for target shooting than most single stages
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 11-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #22

Liked 385 Times on 306 Posts
Likes Given: 49

My barrels in , a criterion 16" hybrid 223 wylde chambered, chrome bore, and place another order that has the trigger in it. Most of you guys are going to scold or rib me as I went in a different for a trigger. After setting down to think about this I ordered a RRA 2 stage NM trigger and the yellow spring kit after calling RRA and with one of there folks . I was told the yellow spring kit should work fine on 5.56 ammo and drop the trigger pull to 3 1/2lbs to 4lb max total pull weight after some shooting. More than likely I will do some polishing on it too. Everything else is in transit but a gas block and FFT. Still deciding.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:55 PM   #23

Liked 1373 Times on 976 Posts
Likes Given: 2081

Sounds like you'll have a great " walking varmiter" when your done. Don't take crap for you trigger choice. Two stage is the safest choice on any "carry" type hunting gun. Single stage is just too twitchy for this type of rifle when the break is set light.

I build a basic "upgrade" trigger for our shop rifles that's very similar to what your doing. Gets put into a lot of varmit rifles as a +$75 add on, and only takes about 30 min.

ALG combat trigger
Wolf reduced spring set, 3.5lbs trigger 4lbs hammer
Titanium firing pin
Polish the contact faces and adjust spring for a final of ~3 lbs/3.5 lbs

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

"MOLON LABE" - Come and get them, can't be any plainer than that!

Last edited by dwmiller; 11-30-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:57 PM   #24

Liked 385 Times on 306 Posts
Likes Given: 49

If I had the extra buck to spend for a gieselle and I would be the only one shooting shooting it a Jewel trigger would go in and it maybe still will down the road. I told a son-in-law he could try it out in some competition and lighter would not be wise there. I would be happy with a 1 1/2 to 2lbs trigger.

I have shot as guys Match ar's with a jewel trigger at 1 1/2lb. Not as sharp as a bolt rifle match trigger but close. That would be my best choice but for a practical needs trigger but set at 2lbs. These two guys side in a few years and many thousands of round they have not had any trigger issues !!

c After desiding to try a RRA NM and for a 90buck lower kit with the RRA NM trigger with it I had to give it a try. I know I can do some polishing and with the spring change it will work out. Some time back I talked to a RRA tech and was told there varmint trigger is just a NM with lighter spring and to do a bit of extra polishing to contact points will get the 3 1/2lb pull. I will start off with the stock springs till I know my build atleast works. . Can't hardly find a rra varmint trigger outside RRA's site.

Giesselle's off shoot company ALG there ACT trigger was close to being ordered till I saw for some reason as of late there having a run of problems resetting in some quality recievers. And not having a better trigger to fall back on encase there is a problem a went with the RRA NM as part of a lower kit for a great price.

Maybe I did not choice well but its ordered so for now that's my trigger. Thanks guys