Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   single stage trigger choices (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/single-stage-trigger-choices-100704/)

hardluk1 11-23-2013 07:37 PM

single stage trigger choices

I am try'n to deside on who has the best for the money spend 2 1/2 to 3 1/2lb single stage trigger for a AT15. The brand I find are cmc, jard, timney , JP, hypertouch 24 and any I may have missed.

AgentTikki 11-23-2013 07:57 PM

Geissele.
AR Gold.
Wilson Combat.

broke-again124 11-24-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardluk1
I am try'n to deside on who has the best for the money spend 2 1/2 to 3 1/2lb single stage trigger for a AT15. The brand I find are cmc, jard, timney , JP, hypertouch 24 and any I may have missed.

Absolutely the CMC flat bow trigger. PHENOMENAL. seriously. If you buy it and don't love it, I'll buy it from you. Scouts honor.

hardluk1 11-24-2013 11:55 AM

broke-again thanks that's what I am looking for .Owner reviews, not a choice of several with no finger on trigger time.

CMC seem to have shank'n off any issue's they had in the past. Sure would like the ability to light'n it down the road. Might not be practical to get it all at an affordable price and be idiot proof too. HA Thanks.

JonM 11-24-2013 02:20 PM

ive got a giesselle in my scar17 and a cmc in bravo company ar15. cant go wrong with either.

my wife runs a giesselle in her ar15. if your looking for a solid 2 stage its very damn hard to beat the rra match trigger i run one in my match grade ar15 its right up there very close to single stages.

hardluk1 11-24-2013 04:31 PM

JonM I have know interest in a 2 stage trigger. I shoot a few a just don't want to start trying to adjust to a one and only trigger of that type late in life, How is that cmc for creep and over travel and is yours is the 3 1/2lber? My lightest trigger in any rifle I own is 2lbs and its in a old remmy 788 I've hunted with for 35 or 36 years. I hate to even do a 3 or 3 1/2lb trigger but its probably a bit more trouble free on a semi-auto but will get some use in a rifle match's with a son-in-law. For me its a fun gun/coyote rifle and would rather entertain a 1 1/2lb jewel !!.

sweeper22 11-24-2013 04:39 PM

I have the Hipertouch 24 in my distance shooter. Love it! Very crisp and clean, with a quick reset. Comes with three sets of springs to set it at 2.7, 3.5, and 3.8lbs.

I have the medium 3.5# springs in mine and if feels far lighter than that. As clean as it is, I didn't really see any advantage to going lighter.

Ibmikey 11-24-2013 06:05 PM

Cmc is pre-set for 3.5# and non adjustable. No creep and you just drop the unit into your rifle, put the two pins in place and shoot.

AndyRexia 11-24-2013 06:55 PM

I have a 3lb Timney in my AR. I love it, no complaints. Your other options might be just as good or better. I've never used the others you mentioned so I can't comment on them. The Timney has 0 creep and is very crisp. I'd definitely buy another.

broke-again124 11-24-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardluk1
broke-again thanks that's what I am looking for .Owner reviews, not a choice of several with no finger on trigger time. CMC seem to have shank'n off any issue's they had in the past. Sure would like the ability to light'n it down the road. Might not be practical to get it all at an affordable price and be idiot proof too. HA Thanks.

You definitely need to shoot it first. It feels lighter than 3-1/2 lbs to me. And the farther down you press the lighter it is obviously. Once again, if you don't love it, I'll buy it from ya. ;)