Sights for AR - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Sights for AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 02:19 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Most of my mounts are true co witness. I like the lower profile and the dot on the post. I feel it is better than lower 1/3 but it's really a preference thing.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #22

All useful and very helpful info guys.....thanks alot!!
I don't have an upper yet, but it'll be a flat top for sure...the bottom is a stag...I'm thinking of going the del-ton route, seems to be good quality with good price.
Where do you guys recommend purchasing sights, both reflex, and BUIS?
There's a ton of places online, so much that its almost discouraging looking at all the places....but then again, that's half the fun!! Lol

Old 02-24-2012, 11:13 PM   #23

Liked 1061 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 1061

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Most of my mounts are true co witness. I like the lower profile and the dot on the post. I feel it is better than lower 1/3 but it's really a preference thing.
Like CHLChris, I've gone with bottom 1/3 cowitness but can see advantages for absolute cowitness too. If your rear sight flips down then absolute might be the best, maybe not as good with a fixed rear. No wrong answer, preference as you said. People should get familiar with both, it's hard to visualize until you actually compare them.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:44 PM   #24

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by minchia View Post
All useful and very helpful info guys.....thanks alot!!
I don't have an upper yet, but it'll be a flat top for sure...the bottom is a stag...I'm thinking of going the del-ton route, seems to be good quality with good price.
Where do you guys recommend purchasing sights, both reflex, and BUIS?
There's a ton of places online, so much that its almost discouraging looking at all the places....but then again, that's half the fun!! Lol
I decide what I want then Google the specific model #. If it's a place I trust I order from there.

Aimsurplus has been good to me. SKDtac is great as well.

You might want to give Palmetto State a look for an upper or BCM.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-29-2012, 07:03 AM   #25

Hey guys, I have another question regarding iron sights. I just purchased a used cmmg flat top upper with a Samson front flip sight. I also have a primary arms m3 red dot with a cantilever mount. What rear flip sight do you guys recommend to use as co-witness... I think that's the right term, basically be able to use the iron sights through the red dot if it malfunctions or batteries die.
Thanks

Old 02-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #26

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

get the Samson rear.

-John Ruskin

Quote: