Sig sauer at Walmart! - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Sig sauer at Walmart!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 04:10 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysancho

I knew I wasn't smoking crack, the sig was less than a grand too if I remember right, thinking of going to buy one
I also saw a Sig AR at Walmart the other day for like 9-something. Layaway?

Old 07-13-2012, 04:50 AM   #22

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Unnngh?

Guns to me are like Cigars. Sometimes I just want something cheap to chew on but other times...I want something smooth and expensive.

I only buy cigars in cigar shops because these people need to "sell cigars" to stay in business. I live to spend time in there shops and appreciate them ordering me in my preference if it's not in stock.

Could I get a cigar at Wal Mart? Sure. Would it be cheaper? Sure. Am I willing to put my favorite store out of business to save a few bucks at Wal Mart? F>{K NO!

Tell me, where are your grand kids going to buy there guns after all of you penny pinchers run the independent FFL's out of business trying to save $20 on a $900 gun?

Please, do not give your gun money to big box retailers who:
A. Don't need gun sales
B. Are publicly traded and 1 mass shooting/media event away from droping gun sales.
C. Are staffed by people who don't know a barrel from a but stock.

To do so is gun rights suicide.

Tack
^^^^^This! Well said and I couldn't agree more! How many mom and pop grocery stores and small retails have the big boxes like Walmart put out of business already?! Think long and hard about where you spend your money! Do you really want your children to be forced into buying firearms from a big box? Sold to them by some 18 year old that has never even fired a gun? Makes me sick!

Fetep

Old 07-13-2012, 06:15 AM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:

Unnngh?

Guns to me are like Cigars. Sometimes I just want something cheap to chew on but other times...I want something smooth and expensive.

I only buy cigars in cigar shops because these people need to "sell cigars" to stay in business. I live to spend time in there shops and appreciate them ordering me in my preference if it's not in stock.

Could I get a cigar at Wal Mart? Sure. Would it be cheaper? Sure. Am I willing to put my favorite store out of business to save a few bucks at Wal Mart? F>{K NO!

Tell me, where are your grand kids going to buy there guns after all of you penny pinchers run the independent FFL's out of business trying to save $20 on a $900 gun?

A. Don't need gun sales
B. Are publicly traded and 1 mass shooting/media event away from droping gun sales.

Tack
Couldn't agree more!

Old 07-13-2012, 06:28 AM   #24

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:

Unnngh?

A. Don't need gun sales

Tack
Grate way to put it. Even my wife fells the same. She bought a bunch of that 7.62x39 z max ammo from the shop I always go to. I told her I don't even have a gun chambered for that. She said I know I just wonted to help them out. I asked her why she did not get ammo for a gun I have. She said she just grabbed something.
I am now using me having 5 boxes of ammo for a gun I don't have to get another gun. AK 47 hear I come.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:36 AM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15

Grate way to put it. Even my wife fells the same. She bought a bunch of that 7.62x39 z max ammo from the shop I always go to. I told her I don't even have a gun chambered for that. She said I know I just wonted to help them out. I asked her why she did not get ammo for a gun I have. She said she just grabbed something.
I am now using me having 5 boxes of ammo for a gun I don't have to get another gun. AK 47 hear I come.
Tell her to buy us all some 556 next time!!!!

Old 07-13-2012, 06:46 AM   #26

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by powell0892

Tell her to buy us all some 556 next time!!!!
No crap. I could really use some more M855.

Old 07-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1133 Times on 795 Posts
Likes Given: 1154

Don't forget there are a lot of great small gun dealers online. All three of my AR builds I split the purchases among online and my favorite LGS. As far as Walmart, I buy lots of ammo.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 07-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #28

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 15

The Walmarts around where i live only carry a few cheap shotguns and .22 rifle's

Old 07-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #29

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverg420 View Post
The Walmarts around where i live only carry a few cheap shotguns and .22 rifle's
Out of the 5 Wally Worlds we have, I only know of one that actually carries firearms. We have a Gander Mountain that is always at MSRP or more on their firearms and people still pay it Maybe I'll move up into a brick and mortar within the next year or two and put them all out of business..lol

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 07-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #30

Liked 260 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 398

Another option: buy a stripped lower at your LGS, and buy everything else online and put it together yourself.