Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Sig Sauer customer service ( warranty) (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/sig-sauer-customer-service-warranty-84250/)

fordracing 02-15-2013 01:16 AM

Sig Sauer customer service ( warranty)

6 Attachment(s)
I bought a Sig 516 ( Gunbroker ) in November in flat dark earth. Upon first field strip and inspection I found a half inch scratch in the rail system and after removing the rails, I found shavings from where the rail flanges had been chewed up. Also found a small washer loose in the rail system that they told me was used for the rail flanges. Called Sig and sent them pix. They agreed this issue was on them and they sent me out new rails right away. However, they were black, not fde. Called back, they said they're not sure how this happened and fde rails were on the way. That was Dec 5 and still no rails. I've emailed a few times since then but only response is the fde will take some time. Feels like I should have them by now and getting mad but I might just be impatient. At no time were they disrespectful or unpleasant. What do you guys think? Any stories from sig service?

clr8ter 02-16-2013 11:16 AM

Well, I had a mag issue with my P938. Took it back to where I bought it, and he contacted SIG. They told him they would send 2 new mags and a mag spring. This was back around October or so. Still nothing.

winds-of-change 02-16-2013 02:48 PM

I have had to deal with Ruger customer service a few times. (flying springs) and was treated very well and received the items very quickly. I think they are behind in production, as are many firearms manufacturers. Though I agree, since October is a VERY long time. I would give a call again.

clr8ter 02-16-2013 03:27 PM

I have been meaning to mention it to him again. I do know that this is a new gun, and the mags are very hard to find for it. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

GeneralPatton 02-16-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clr8ter (Post 1140107)
I have been meaning to mention it to him again. I do know that this is a new gun, and the mags are very hard to find for it. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Very hard to find. They are backordered everywhere. I got lucky and snagged 4 from Top Gun Supply a few weeks back. There is a local store that has the 6 round on the shelf, but even that is $47

clr8ter 02-16-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Very hard to find. They are backordered everywhere. I got lucky and snagged 4 from Top Gun Supply a few weeks back. There is a local store that has the 6 round on the shelf, but even that is $47
And you're a General, for Cripe's Sake!! The rest of us are screwed!:D

Honestly, I was hoping for a little help, 'cause I'm from where SIG is. I could drive there in an hour.

JonM 02-17-2013 02:09 AM

i would say be patient. fde for most companies tends to be a limited run item that only gets done when enough orders come in or backstock gets low enough. or like now when demand for just anything is high its easier to do black. you will get your part when they do their next run of fde

clr8ter 02-17-2013 02:33 AM

What's FDE?

AgentTikki 02-17-2013 06:00 PM

fde flat dark earth

its a color like tan, or sand.

clr8ter 02-17-2013 10:59 PM

Ahhh, ok. I did not recall the OP mentioned something about FDE.