sig 556 or build my own AR? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > sig 556 or build my own AR?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 07:24 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

what about spikes tactical thinkin about gettin a lower from them. are they alot of hype or over priced?

Old 08-04-2010, 01:17 AM   #32

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1337 View Post
what about spikes tactical thinkin about gettin a lower from them. are they alot of hype or over priced?
Nothing wrong with Spikes, they have a great reputation. Plus, if you can score one from AIM surplus when they come back in stock, the price is right!

Old 08-04-2010, 02:03 AM   #33

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

The only difference between the forging and the CNC Billet is that with the forging, the tolerances from the very first unit, to the 500 unit will vary.

Not a lot, but it can, has & will happen from time to time.

As this is not a .0001" tolerance weapon to begin with, there is no danger with a forged receiver as long as the company in question is doing it correctly.

There is nothing wrong with Spike's if you don't mind the spider on the side. I personally don't care for the look, but the unit will work just fine and do everything it is supposed to do for the price.

JD

Old 08-04-2010, 02:51 PM   #34

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

good to know. i dont see there being a issue. cant wait for the gun show to come around here again.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:33 AM   #35

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

You're in CA, right mach? Keep in mind that .50 weapons are strictly verbotten! CA DOJ has no sense of humor

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 08-05-2010, 01:03 AM   #36

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yeah Im in cali for now. I dont plan on buyin it while im still here and i only have 2 years before i leave so not a huge issue for me. there are alot of things i dont like about cali and there fd up gun laws are one thing, smog, u know some things like that. i do like the weather and the relax on speeding.

Old 08-08-2010, 04:14 AM   #37

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

ok i ran into some money. glad i do the budget thats all i will say about that. and im ready to start with my lower now if i can just find a place that sells them im just leery about buyin it in cali. want to be able to do alot with it when i get out of this place in a year or so. so can someone tell me the difference in a cali legal ar and a all other places legal ar please.

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 08-08-2010, 04:24 AM   #38

Biggest thing: Detachable magazine
If you have a detachable magazine, you may NOT have a flash hider, pistol grip, thumbhole stock, foregrip, bayonet lug etc.
According to the courts, if your rifle requires a "tool" to remove the magazine, it isn't "detachable", hence the bullet buttons and prince 50s and what have yous. IMHO, getting a bullet button is the way to go. Slows down mag exchanges, yeah, but at least you can have a halfway normal rifle configuration.
Also, some brands are verbotten. "off list lower" means a lower receiver not stamped with the name Colt, DPMS, Bushmaster, Armalite etc.
A CA FFL won't sell these to you, so that makes it a little easier to comply
Also, no mags capable of accepting more than 10rds, no barrels under 16" (NFA items illegal here, regardless of tax stamps), and so forth...

I am not a lawyer, I'm not even handsome enough to play one on TV. Consult the CA DOJ website if you have any doubts!

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 08-08-2010, 04:28 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1337 View Post
ok i ran into some money. glad i do the budget thats all i will say about that. and im ready to start with my lower now if i can just find a place that sells them im just leery about buyin it in cali. want to be able to do alot with it when i get out of this place in a year or so. so can someone tell me the difference in a cali legal ar and a all other places legal ar please.
Also, I should mention that a stripped lower in CA is identical to a stripped lower anywhere else, you just hafta add crap you wouldn't have to add if you lived in the real USA

Old 08-08-2010, 04:29 AM   #40

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

thanks dag. just worried about if i make it cali legal will i be able to make it not cali legal when i leave? im likin the bullet button theres a good chance it wont get shot much untill i leave cali anyway.

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."