Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Should i go with the SW AR 699

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 03:59 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Should i go with the SW AR 699

Its my first AR. And I'm thinking about getting the S&W ar it's 699 and I've heard good things about it what you experts think? And does it should a 5.56 NATO round?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-28-2012, 04:08 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Really? I would first work on putting together coherent sentences before you get into any type of guns.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:44 AM   #3

Funny I was able to understand him... you should calm down bro he was clearly using a phone that was auto correcting....

Old 02-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #4

Yea thanks bro I was using a phone.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #5

Liked 1119 Times on 726 Posts
Likes Given: 1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn8ke View Post
Funny I was able to understand him... you should calm down bro he was clearly using a phone that was auto correcting....
yup been there a time or 2 or 3 and it never comes out right and I look like a ass clown when it happens usually to have someone correct me .
Anyway , there are lots of ARs out there in your price range of $700
What are you going to do with it ? how far do you intend to shoot with it , and how much do you intend to use it ? some of these questions will help with what you will be asked later

Old 02-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Intended use is a good starting point. The S&W is a decent AR. That price point is tricky however. A BCM upper for around $539 then add a lower and be around the $800 mark and have a more capable rifle.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Sorry for ridiculing your grammar. A few weeks ago I was also looking at S&W as well as Rock River, dpms, stag. I ended up putting a lower together and a BCM upper. I originally thought it would much tougher than it was. When it was all said and done I spent a little over a grand. Which all in all, i still think it was worth the couple extra hundred bucks considering what I got.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #8

Liked 945 Times on 670 Posts
Likes Given: 937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat4sti View Post
Sorry for ridiculing your grammar. A few weeks ago I was also looking at S&W as well as Rock River, dpms, stag. I ended up putting a lower together and a BCM upper. I originally thought it would much tougher than it was. When it was all said and done I spent a little over a grand. Which all in all, i still think it was worth the couple extra hundred bucks considering what I got.
Hey Flat, I like coherent posts too! No matter what the excuse, slapping together a piece a crap screams no respect of the reader. And if the writer can't be bothered with reading his own text why should anyone else.

OP more data please...

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #9

Liked 211 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 15

The s&w sport is a good solid basic rifle . Most LGS prices seem to run close to 600 bucks. Yes it does shoot 5.56 and .223 ammo. Even comes well oiled, just clean the barrel well look it over and try to understand how to take it down before shooting it. Plenty of you tube AR vieos for that.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #10

Liked 868 Times on 454 Posts
Likes Given: 608

The S&W is a good AR for the money. I find the Double Star to be quit good at that price range to. The only AR that I've had problems with have been DPMS. I have several ARs and the one that operated the best with a bump stock was the S&W, although none of mine are the sport model.

Newest Threads