Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Should i go with the SW AR 699 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/should-i-go-sw-ar-699-a-58971/)

kvega15 02-28-2012 03:59 AM

Should i go with the SW AR 699

Its my first AR. And I'm thinking about getting the S&W ar it's 699 and I've heard good things about it what you experts think? And does it should a 5.56 NATO round?

Flat4sti 02-28-2012 04:08 AM

Really? I would first work on putting together coherent sentences before you get into any type of guns.

sn8ke 02-28-2012 04:44 AM

Funny I was able to understand him... you should calm down bro he was clearly using a phone that was auto correcting....

kvega15 02-28-2012 02:41 PM

Yea thanks bro I was using a phone.

purehavoc 02-28-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sn8ke (Post 722935)
Funny I was able to understand him... you should calm down bro he was clearly using a phone that was auto correcting....

yup been there a time or 2 or 3 and it never comes out right and I look like a ass clown when it happens :D usually to have someone correct me .
Anyway , there are lots of ARs out there in your price range of $700
What are you going to do with it ? how far do you intend to shoot with it , and how much do you intend to use it ? some of these questions will help with what you will be asked later

mjkeat 02-28-2012 08:07 PM

Intended use is a good starting point. The S&W is a decent AR. That price point is tricky however. A BCM upper for around $539 then add a lower and be around the $800 mark and have a more capable rifle.

Flat4sti 02-28-2012 08:59 PM

Sorry for ridiculing your grammar. A few weeks ago I was also looking at S&W as well as Rock River, dpms, stag. I ended up putting a lower together and a BCM upper. I originally thought it would much tougher than it was. When it was all said and done I spent a little over a grand. Which all in all, i still think it was worth the couple extra hundred bucks considering what I got.

Quentin 02-28-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flat4sti (Post 723462)
Sorry for ridiculing your grammar. A few weeks ago I was also looking at S&W as well as Rock River, dpms, stag. I ended up putting a lower together and a BCM upper. I originally thought it would much tougher than it was. When it was all said and done I spent a little over a grand. Which all in all, i still think it was worth the couple extra hundred bucks considering what I got.

Hey Flat, I like coherent posts too! No matter what the excuse, slapping together a piece a crap screams no respect of the reader. And if the writer can't be bothered with reading his own text why should anyone else. :p

OP more data please...

hardluk1 02-28-2012 09:23 PM

The s&w sport is a good solid basic rifle . Most LGS prices seem to run close to 600 bucks. Yes it does shoot 5.56 and .223 ammo. Even comes well oiled, just clean the barrel well look it over and try to understand how to take it down before shooting it. Plenty of you tube AR vieos for that.

limbkiller 02-28-2012 11:27 PM

The S&W is a good AR for the money. I find the Double Star to be quit good at that price range to. The only AR that I've had problems with have been DPMS. I have several ARs and the one that operated the best with a bump stock was the S&W, although none of mine are the sport model.