Shooting Log Question

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Shooting Log Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Default Shooting Log Question

I am looking for input on setting up a range log for shooting and tracking for my weapons. Starting with the AR15 I just completed and shot for the first time. Totally new to this, so any advice or input is welcome - Right now, I would like to use google docs, I have created a spread sheet that I can update while at the range on my smart phone or at home post shoot. I know I will need to keep notes while there, different loads, distances conditions etc.

I am looking for what to track that would be meaningful to myself or someone that might review it assist with issues/troubleshooting etc.

At this time, just starting it, I have the following fields available to track:
Date:
Duration:
Ammo:
Number of Rounds shot:
Notes:
Weather:
Temp:

As usual, thank you for any input. Some things seem obvious to track, but im sure there are things that I don't have that are must haves possibly and hoping for your wisdom to help out

Also going to include pictures of my targets with descriptions and information of the shots ... don't want this to take over my fun at the range, but looking to find what works best for most people and then adapt it to me.

Thanks.

monteros
~Build Planning Document
~Build Thread
~Build Photo Album

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #2

Liked 311 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 27

These guys data books are very good. Peruse through what they have to offer and you'll find what you want.

http://www.stormtactical.com/

Old 08-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #3

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14
These guys data books are very good. Peruse through what they have to offer and you'll find what you want.

http://www.stormtactical.com/
Thank you that will help out

monteros
~Build Planning Document
~Build Thread
~Build Photo Album