Shipping times.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Shipping times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Shipping times.

As many of us know, we probably spend more time trying to find parts online/at the LGS, or the local gun show, than actually putting together our AR's. The number of links we see are amazing, and, much like asking someone what the best beer is, and numerous ones will pick what is rated as an upper end brew, we'll always get the guy that recommends PBR.
One thing I've noticed? Shipping times. I ordered several parts from Palmetto State. Typically takes about three days from the time I order it until they stick it in the box and mail it out.
Well, I found a company called Primary Arms. https://www.primaryarms.com/
I ordered from them last night.
Just got the order confirmation that it has already shipped. Less than 24 hours.
No, I don't work for them, and have never heard of them before. I'll update as I get more information.
But I was wanting others opinions on shippers and speed of sending package. They're damn quick to take the money out of your account, but seem to have their own pace for shipping.
What say the wise heads?

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

All I'm going to say is the postal system has cost companies I deal with close to $1000 in the last year.
Who the Hell steals a 10lb ingot of lead and thinks nobody is going to notice? I feel bad for the companies that have to go through the trouble of replacing lost and stolen items.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21986 Times on 12397 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Ben, i have very good service and fast shipping from MidwayUSA and Brownell's on orders i have placed with them. i also use MidSouth Shooters Supply for quite a lot of reloading components, and they have fast shipping and good service. Midway carries a large assortment of gun parts, accessories, reloading equipment and components, ammo, optics and much more. all three of these are my go to places for just about anything firearm related. i always check them out first to see what they have before i look elsewhere.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #4

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
All I'm going to say is the postal system has cost companies I deal with close to $1000 in the last year.
Who the Hell steals a 10lb ingot of lead and thinks nobody is going to notice? I feel bad for the companies that have to go through the trouble of replacing lost and stolen items.
I don't hold the companies accountable for the postal service. I'm strictly discussing rapid mailing vs. 'we'll get it out when we get to it'.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 03-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Primary arms is excellent! Got my order in three days from the time of the order. I've also had good luck with Bravo Company and MidwayUSA. I've had the same experience as you when it comes to PSA but i try not to hold it against them as they are still a growing company.

"If guns kill people then does that mean the spoon is the reason Rosie O'Donnell is fat"

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"

Old 03-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

PSA has never been quick to ship. I've waited a week at times.

SKD, BCM, PA, Aim, G&R, Rainier, DSG, usually ship same day.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #7

Liked 27 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat
PSA has never been quick to ship. I've waited a week at times.

SKD, BCM, PA, Aim, G&R, Rainier, DSG, usually ship same day.
Usually but not always. I recently ordered AK mags from Aim and it took them 4 days to process and ship the order. I dont mind because I can be patient when I need to be. I still like Aim and would buy from them again FWIW. That wasnt my first time and won't be my last time buying from them.