Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Shipping to FFL.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 02:06 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Bigse,

Your AV irritates me also because I really don’t like the guy. Just the way I feel about it.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:12 PM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

If finish is a concern some lowers and uppers from diff manufacturers will be of a slightly diff shade of black. Some uppers and lowers will not fit completely snug and there will be some wobble. Some lower manufacturers machine in a set screw that enables the user to correct the wobble.

quentin-laser.com is one such manufacturer who machines the set screw into the lower for that snug fit.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #13

I am sorry it irritates a lot of people but I do like the guy and that's "just the way I feel about it." It irritates me that a lot of the people here have anti-Obama avatars, but I respect their opinions. I'm not niave, I realize I'm in the minority here so I will change it if you all want me too, but first I would like to explain why I chose my avatar.

First off, I did not choose that avatar to piss people off. I chose that avatar because I believe we need to support our president, no matter who it is. I thought people here (mainly veterans) would understand that.

I understand that we can't agree with a guy 100% of the time, I don't support everything Obama does, but he is doing some good things. I don't think we should reject every thing the man does because we disagree with other things. Example: I don't think we should reject everything he does because we disagree with his view on gun control. We have a few senators out there now doing nothing but oppose everything Obama does and I think that is wrong.

By keeping that as my avatar I'm not trying to convince you to see things my way, I'm just expressing the way I feel.

Okay now, after hearing my reasoning, I will let you guys make the decision for me and hopefully that will be the end of it. Will it stay, or will it go?

Old 07-26-2010, 04:20 PM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSe63xy View Post
I am sorry it irritates a lot of people but I do like the guy and that's "just the way I feel about it." It irritates me that a lot of the people here have anti-Obama avatars, but I respect their opinions. I'm not niave, I realize I'm in the minority here so I will change it if you all want me too, but first I would like to explain why I chose my avatar.

First off, I did not choose that avatar to piss people off. I chose that avatar because I believe we need to support our president, no matter who it is. I thought people here (mainly veterans) would understand that.

I understand that we can't agree with a guy 100% of the time, I don't support everything Obama does, but he is doing some good things. I don't think we should reject every thing the man does because we disagree with other things. Example: I don't think we should reject everything he does because we disagree with his view on gun control. We have a few senators out there now doing nothing but oppose everything Obama does and I think that is wrong.

By keeping that as my avatar I'm not trying to convince you to see things my way, I'm just expressing the way I feel.

Okay now, after hearing my reasoning, I will let you guys make the decision for me and hopefully that will be the end of it. Will it stay, or will it go?
I wasnt going to say anything about the avatar. Im all for free speech and all the great things this country stands for. However I will say I dislike the person for his stand on illegal immigration, gun control, being weak, projecting his ideals as those of all Americans, and again being weak. You dont kiss the arse of some dictator or foriegn leader talking crap about my country! He will continue being a pupit and run this country into the ground. I am a combat veteran and that makes my feelings towards him that much stronger. Our men and women dont risk it all so he can fly around the world telling people "we" are wrong.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:54 PM   #15
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 282 Times on 159 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSe63xy View Post

Hitler did some good things too... Should we have supported him?

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #16

Thanks for your response guys. I think I know what I need to do now. I took it down. I'm sorry I started all this. Let's all be friends and get back to talking guns.

P.S. Thanks mjkeat (and others) for serving so my family and I can be safe. I do, truely, appreciate it.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:49 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
The lower. Anything with a serial #. Unless you get an unfinished lower such as a 80% lower .
Wait. I just re-read that and I'm confused again. I've been looking at completely stripped lowers and they all say I need to have them shipped to an FFL dealer. If it's incomplete, why do they want that.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:56 PM   #18

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

The stripped lower has the serial number printed on it, and is therefore the "gun" part of the gun. The internal parts are unrestricted, but that lower shell needs FFL transfer, unless you buy it in a condition where it is unsuitable for use in a firearm without further machining. Unless you're a machinist, you're going to need a stripped lower through an FFL .

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 07-26-2010, 07:09 PM   #19

Gotcha. Thanks.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:14 AM   #20

Liked 922 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 897

Glad I missed the old avatar!

And I'm an old veteran...