Service & Parts post ban?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Service & Parts post ban?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Default Service & Parts post ban?

I wasn't in the market back when the first ban happened, should this ban happen:

1. will parts still be made and sold?
2. Will gunsmiths still repair/upgrade them?

monteros
~Build Planning Document
~Build Thread
~Build Photo Album

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #2

Liked 1027 Times on 723 Posts
Likes Given: 1023

Dianne Feinstein says her new AWB bill will be worded like her old one that was passed in 1994 and signed by Clinton. But it's hard to predict how any new law will be worded or even if it will be passed in Congress. If it passes though we know the teleprompter will say sign it.

As far as the AR, it's simple enough that you can be your own gunsmith or armorer and buy spare parts now, if available.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

locutus Likes This 
Old 12-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5934 Times on 3356 Posts
Likes Given: 5484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Dianne Feinstein says her new AWB bill will be worded like her old one that was passed in 1994 and signed by Clinton. But it's hard to predict how any new law will be worded or even if it will be passed in Congress. If it passes though we know the teleprompter will say sign it.

As far as the AR, it's simple enough that you can be your own gunsmith or armorer and buy spare parts now, if available.
Wouldn't hurt at all to pick up a few doohickeys, thingamabobs and whatchamacallits.

Especially springs, a firing pin, and an extractor..

Winston Churchill
Quentin Likes This 
Old 12-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #4

So, since I'm in the middle of my lower build, if it passes I could be out of luck? Major bummer, had figured that possibly after market parts aside fr the stripped lower would be available....

monteros
~Build Planning Document
~Build Thread
~Build Photo Album

Old 12-17-2012, 10:40 PM   #5

Liked 1155 Times on 692 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by monteros View Post
So, since I'm in the middle of my lower build, if it passes I could be out of luck? Major bummer, had figured that possibly after market parts aside fr the stripped lower would be available....
If a ban is implemented (I still don't believe it will happen) and it's the same as before then parts are not a problem. As long as you have the lower you would be ok.

Even if the 2A were repealed and privately owned firearms are completely illegal, parts will still be made. Police and Military and security for those who don't trust you with a firearm will still require parts and new guns.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

locutus Likes This 
Old 12-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #6

That's a good point

monteros
~Build Planning Document
~Build Thread
~Build Photo Album

Old 12-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
If a ban is implemented (I still don't believe it will happen) and it's the same as before then parts are not a problem. As long as you have the lower you would be ok.

Even if the 2A were repealed and privately owned firearms are completely illegal, parts will still be made. Police and Military and security for those who don't trust you with a firearm will still require parts and new guns.
will be easy to get those spare guns from the overlords too. drug cartels dont seem to have an issue with it. i think making guns illegal will just make it even more widely available and easy to get.

hell who couldnt score pot if they really wanted to??

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-18-2012, 02:52 AM   #8

Liked 1027 Times on 723 Posts
Likes Given: 1023

Ah finally! My PSA lower build kit shipped tonight... Ordered it 12/4.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Ah finally! My PSA lower build kit shipped tonight... Ordered it 12/4.
That rocks! Not too long of a wait.

monteros
~Build Planning Document
~Build Thread
~Build Photo Album

Old 12-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5934 Times on 3356 Posts
Likes Given: 5484

By my prognostications, spare parts, and even complete uppers will be available.

If I was younger, I think I would have stocked up with 20-30 stripped lowers 5 years ago before the Devine One was first anointed.

Winston Churchill

Closed Thread