Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Selling a DPMS Oracle on gun broker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 05:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Selling a DPMS Oracle on gun broker

Anybody have any experience on selling a gun on this website? I know you have to ship to FFL but as far as paper work, what basis do I need to cover. Just want to protect myself if for some reason the gun I sell one day is involved in a crime. What do I need to include? Is bill of sale all I need?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-28-2012, 06:04 AM   #2

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnoug View Post
Anybody have any experience on selling a gun on this website? I know you have to ship to FFL but as far as paper work, what basis do I need to cover. Just want to protect myself if for some reason the gun I sell one day is involved in a crime. What do I need to include? Is bill of sale all I need?
Legally, yes. For added peace of mind have an FFL ship to the buyers FFL. Not all FFLs will accept a shipment from a non-licensee (that's you in this case) and some will have you enclose a copy of your driver's license. If you ship directly you have the added responsibility of receiving and verifying the buyers FFL as valid. Legal transfer to the buyer and background check will occur when he picks up the rifle and completes the 4473 so, at a minimum, you will not be the last owner if BATFE ever does a trace of ownership, having the additional documentation from your FFL as evidence of outbound shipment is icing on the cake...although not mandatory.

http://www.offendexdata.com/resource/view/74825

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 12-28-2012 at 06:07 AM.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the information. Very useful. I'll have to check with some of the local FFLs and see if they are willing to ship out.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:13 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8617 Times on 3734 Posts
Likes Given: 1324

Go to Gunbroker- on their home page is a "find a FFL" function. Put in your zip code, will pull up folks near you that have registered with GB as being willing to do transfers.

The FFL you are shipping TO can provide you with his license number, and you can verify it thru the ATF website (E-Z Check). Send it to the address on the license. If you ship it yourself, be a nice guy- include a coy of your driver's license so the receiving FFL has info he needs to log it IN to his books.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 12-29-2012, 12:20 AM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

I did this in the summer and you have to ship it to an FFL. Make certain that its an ffl on gunbrokers approved list. I sold a g19 in the summer and used an ffl to ship it only bc i was buying something from him so he shipped it for me. but if you want to ship it yourself just shop it fed ex overnight and charge the buyer for the privilege.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 12-29-2012, 01:20 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8617 Times on 3734 Posts
Likes Given: 1324

And sorry- should have noted- if you want to ship yourself- and you are not a FFL holder- a rifle or shotgun may be shipped by US Mail, or byFedEx/ UPS. A HANDGUN can only be shipped by UPS or FedEx, and they both require Next day Air- which is very expensive. A DEALER or MANUFACTURER can use the US Mail to ship a handgun- all of us peons cannot.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt