Seekins Precision Lowers
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Seekins Precision Lowers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Seekins Precision Lowers

Im sure most of you AR veterans already know about these but I still want to share. Seekins Precision is producing billet lowers that are a little different than the norm. Granted they are a little expensive for my taste but then again most billet receivers are a little overpriced. They are changing the lower half of your AR a little by replacing rollpins with screws for easier assembly, and also adding nice little ambi bolt release. They have several other features that some may like and others may not. I personally like the look but do not care to much for the rest. Just curious if anyone knows of a company with a lower that shares some of the cosmetic qualities of the Seekins. I am going to attemt posting the link down below but have never tried this before.

http://www.seekinsprecision.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypag e.tpl&product_id=98&category_id=17&option=com_virt uemart&Itemid=2

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1201 Times on 836 Posts
Likes Given: 1238

Well the Quentin Defense billet lower I ordered has most of those features and a great "look" except the adjustable trigger reset. No roll pins. The US Army Edition I bought is much less, only $160. They have models for the other branches of our military if you're a vet, or other designs. They do custom engraving pretty cheap too. Take a look at my Quentin Defense thread for pictures and more info. They also sell Sun Devil billet lowers which have a different look.

Again, I am not affiliated with Quentin Defense!
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 01-30-2012, 11:58 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 27 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 39

I have been looking at those also,, they are sexy .. Joint Force Enterprises has been laying some sweet camo paterns on them. I would love to build one with the upper, lower and seekins fore end. An all billet ar would be pretty sweet IMO

Old 01-31-2012, 01:47 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Again, I am not affiliated with Quentin Defense!
So can you get me a discount on one

I have heard from some people that there are some other companies that make a lower with the same design as the seekins(primarily the magwell) for a much lower price. But not one person can tell me where.

I am very interested in the Quentin lowers, and I already have a Sun Devil(unfortunately mine did not come with the machined trigger guard). Where is the best place to pick up one of these good ol Quentin lowers?

Old 01-31-2012, 04:51 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1201 Times on 836 Posts
Likes Given: 1238

Well this thread has pictures and links of the military edition billet lowers and QD has other models too. The Army one is first, scroll down for others.

(As you can see though the QD magwell is not as unique as the Seekins. I'm curious how the Seekins design works but probably will never see one first hand.)

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/quentin-defense-us-army-edition-billet-lower-56255/

This thread will show you what to expect right out of the box and the features of QD billets. It is the Chatterbox version.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=56065

ETA:
And here is the manufacturing process of billet to lower:
http://ar15chatterbox.21.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=1571
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Last edited by Quentin; 01-31-2012 at 02:59 PM.