Scrapy Gets Some Love. . . - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Scrapy Gets Some Love. . .

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 11:13 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Sweet!!!!!

Old 04-28-2011, 02:07 PM   #12

Wow that is great customer service. Sounds like Deltons are not only a great value but they have great customer service as well. I have a complete Delton upper on a Spikes lower and it has worked great. Thanks for sharing, so people can buy with confidence.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:04 AM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
Always good to hear a positive report, I will look at Del Ton next time I build. I expect you are itching to get to the range and see how well it functions.

In the mean time Diggs put the rifle back in the safe until you have some range time, your starting to scare the kids "why is Daddy carrying an AR everywhere he goes"

PS, I like your forward assist, was it part of your upper or an add on? If an add where did you get it?
I don't carry an AR-15 "everywhere" I go, but a rifle and/or shotgun is always present during summer outings, such as camping and other Mountain activites. I grew up outdoors and have worked, played and lived in areas with unlimited open space always nearby, so I tend to "be prepared" .

As far as the forward assist, that one came with that upper, which is a vintage Bushmaster (forgot exact year). However you can find "tear dropped" FAs all over. I know I've gotten them from a couple different vendors.

Thanks to all ya'll for the complements. You know I'll have a range report soon. . . hoping for Monday after a weekend shoot of two.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Default Any add ons?

Anyone think Scrapy is missing anything? Other than maybe a light?

I think he'll get a Magpul AFG on the front end and maybe a bi-pod. . . ?

Any other suggestions for a "truck gun"?

Old 04-30-2011, 10:58 PM   #15

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Nice report, good pictures and touching story!

- Gloves
"When the situation gets too hot, put Gloves on"
or
"If the gun is cold to the touch, put Gloves on" -RustyShackleford101

Old 05-01-2011, 12:06 AM   #16

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Just missing a cool paintjob.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 05-01-2011, 01:17 AM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Just missing a cool paintjob.
You read my mind! I was thinking this would be a great test gun for the gal at the neighborhood GS. She's does Duracoat and did pretty good on an AK-47, but it was solid, semi-gloss black. I outta test her skills, before giving her anything expensive.

So what do you think. . . Old school traditional camo, digital or something else ? Last time I saw she had quite a book of patterns.

Definitely gotta go mid range on the tones as it'll be riding up here on the eastern slope (Sangra De Cristos & Wet Mountians), western slope (N San Juan & S Uncompahgre) and NW New Mexico (Canyon Land & Desert Mesa) at some point. . . I get around,.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:01 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
You read my mind! I was thinking this would be a great test gun for the gal at the neighborhood GS. She's does Duracoat and did pretty good on an AK-47, but it was solid, semi-gloss black. I outta test her skills, before giving her anything expensive.

So what do you think. . . Old school traditional camo, digital or something else ? Last time I saw she had quite a book of patterns.

Definitely gotta go mid range on the tones as it'll be riding up here on the eastern slope (Sangra De Cristos & Wet Mountians), western slope (N San Juan & S Uncompahgre) and NW New Mexico (Canyon Land & Desert Mesa) at some point. . . I get around,.
Dude, do it yourself! Lots of fun. For your terrain I'd do a tan or coyote base coat and add some dark earth accents with a few OD green for good measure.

If you want something traditional, copy the pattern of some old BDUs. Lay down the base coat, let it dry and mask of the majority of it with blue or purple painters tape. Then spray on the accent colors. You can even lay down the basecoat, let dry, cover with masking tape and cut away patterns with an exacto knife.

If you want a digital, use some mesh sniper veil, or a mesh bag from Wally World.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 05-01-2011, 02:02 AM   #19

And a couple of others.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 05-01-2011, 07:36 AM   #20

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Is that all Duracoat? I've had some lasting success with High Temp Automotive Engine Enamel on magazines, not guns. . . yet.