scope mounts
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > scope mounts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default scope mounts

I just got a Nikon p-223 scope for my ar-15 and now I need scope mounts... I don't know what size I need or what kind or anything? Can someone lead me in the right direction please

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #2

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

It didn't come with them?

Check on this.

http://www.targetsportsusa.com/p-2057-m-223-nikon-scope-mount-20-moa-elevated-with-integral-1-rings-flattop-ar-15.aspx

If you want a two piece set up try this.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/815743/nikon-p-series-2-piece-scope-mount-picatinny-style-with-integral-1-rings-flattop-ar-15-matte

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #3

Liked 1739 Times on 898 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin125 View Post
I just got a Nikon p-223 scope for my ar-15 and now I need scope mounts... I don't know what size I need or what kind or anything? Can someone lead me in the right direction please
I think it depends on what kind of upper you have on your ar-15. Do you have a handle? Is it a flat top? Etc.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Burris PEPR @ $70 or RRA Cantilever @ $56. I use the RRA and it works great. The one-piece mounts can be dismounted and re-installed quickly without losing zero. This is a huge advantage IMO.

Burris:

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Burris_AR_P_E_P_R_Mount_1_Inch_W_PTOP_410343_p/bur410343.htm

RRA:

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Rock_River_Arms_Hi_Rise_1_Cantilever_Scope_Mount_p/rra-ar0130t.htm

Both also come in 30mm size for same price.

Last edited by Snakedriver; 04-08-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #5

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

I second the Burris PERP mount it's solid and looks the sleekest out of all of them... Here's what it looks like on my RRA.

Put a sign in your front yard that reads "Gun Free House" & see where the criminals go.

image-1833842405.jpg  

Old 04-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #6

Okay thanks guys! It seems like a really nice scope, I got it today for my 21st birthday. And does the front a2 sight show up in the scope?

Old 04-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Okay thanks guys! It seems like a really nice scope, I got it today for my 21st birthday. And does the front a2 sight show up in the scope?
I use a 2-7X32 scope on my AR and even on 2-power you don't see the front sight at all.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #8

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Snakedriver and Ben, thanks for those links above, they were very helpful! I've been wanting to try a cantilever mount to gain a little more eye relief. Hard to decide between the three listed, the Nikon would match my Nikon 3-9x40 but it's listed at 12oz. The RRA is nice and lighter at 10oz while the Burris is 9oz and has the extra rail caps if you want. I finally ordered the Burris P.E.P.R. because I've always liked the design and wanted to try JoeBob's. Decent price at JoeBob's, the only cheaper price I found was used on Amazon (only $4 less).

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #9

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Snakedriver and Ben, thanks for those links above, they were very helpful! I've been wanting to try a cantilever mount to gain a little more eye relief. Hard to decide between the three listed, the Nikon would match my Nikon 3-9x40 but it's listed at 12oz. The RRA is nice and lighter at 10oz while the Burris is 9oz and has the extra rail caps if you want. I finally ordered the Burris P.E.P.R. because I've always liked the design and wanted to try JoeBob's. Decent price at JoeBob's, the only cheaper price I found was used on Amazon (only $4 less).
I like joebobs, and have ordered a lot from them. The best thing about them? If you know you're going to get a good bit of stuff, make any order over $90.00 and S&H is free, which, while the part may be a dollar or two cheaper and some other site, after adding in S&H, you wind up saving money by getting bulk shipped free.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
I think you made a good choice. The Burris PEPR is loaded with nice features.

Don't forget that Joe Bob's offers Veterans a 5% discount by adding THANKYOU to the coupon code. They also offer a 5% discount to Firearms Talk Forum folks by entering FT in the coupon code at checkout. Along with having really great prices, their shipping is super fast.

Quentin, when you get your scope rig all mounted-up, post a picture for us.