SCAR or ACR? - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > SCAR or ACR?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Your reply just shows how poor this forum really is.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #72

ACR all the way, Magpul did an outstanding job designing it to be one of the best ARish platforms out there and BM actually did a decent job in terms of quality. My buddies unit just transferred over to em and he let me put a few rounds through one, I have to say one of the most comfortable 5.56 platforms out there and exceptionally controllable as well even on full auto (using the straight arm thumb over barrel technique) I was getting 3in groups @ 30 yds on rock and roll and it didn't jam. I'm seriously selling my magpul ar and getting an acr.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:47 PM   #73

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
If this forum is so "poor" where does that leave you considering many on here including the guy you're running off at the mouth to know so much more than you? The proof is in your TV show based posts. Broaden your resources and knowledge base then you can start calling people out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stMarine View Post
ACR all the way, Magpul did an outstanding job designing it to be one of the best ARish platforms out there and BM actually did a decent job in terms of quality. My buddies unit just transferred over to em and he let me put a few rounds through one, I have to say one of the most comfortable 5.56 platforms out there and exceptionally controllable as well even on full auto (using the straight arm thumb over barrel technique) I was getting 3in groups @ 30 yds on rock and roll and it didn't jam. I'm seriously selling my magpul ar and getting an acr.
You have mentioned it twice now and I am still clueless.

The ACRs credibility took a big hit w/ it's poor initial performance. I was really excited and followed it for a couple years but won't touch one now. If only Magpul would have turned it over to a more reputable manufacturer.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:21 PM   #74

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Thats what we mainly did but we were required to catalog some it to. What branch were/are you?
I was in the Marines (2001-2005), when I was in the box my unit was part of Task Force Tarawa, Regimental Combat Team 2. One of our biggest battles was the battle for An Nasariyah.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:25 PM   #75

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxChino13xX

I was in the Marines (2001-2005), when I was in the box my unit was part of Task Force Tarawa, Regimental Combat Team 2. One of our biggest battles was the battle for An Nasariyah.
I wasnt over there very long-6 months out of a year tour. We had a few minor dust ups but nothing major. Unless you count killing a bunch of donkey trains and bridges as major

Old 12-03-2011, 10:25 PM   #76

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
I was just having fun with your typo before you edited it. But that doesn't make this group here poor. We are a very helpful bunch actually.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:29 PM   #77

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin

I was just having fun with your typo before you edited it. But that doesn't make this group here poor. We are a very helpful bunch actually.
True enough. We usually are helpful.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:29 PM   #78

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

If this forum is so "poor" where does that leave you considering many on here including the guy you're running off at the mouth to know so much more than you? The proof is in your TV show based posts. Broaden your resources and knowledge base then you can start calling people out.

You have mentioned it twice now and I am still clueless.

The ACRs credibility took a big hit w/ it's poor initial performance. I was really excited and followed it for a couple years but won't touch one now. If only Magpul would have turned it over to a more reputable manufacturer.
I find this forum entertaining and informational. There's a ton a knowledge and hands on from everyone on here. I can get lost for hours reading posts/threads.

And I agree, Bushmaster isn't the first choice of manufacturer that I would've chosen to make the ACR, in a dream world I'd like to see DD fill those shoes. But I'd still like to play around with the ACR, it looks great but can it perform every time without a hitch is my question.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #79

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:

I wasnt over there very long-6 months out of a year tour. We had a few minor dust ups but nothing major. Unless you count killing a bunch of donkey trains and bridges as major
My unit,1/6, got to play peacekeeper in Fallujah 2005 (after it had been "cleared" about 7 months or so earlier). But, our claim to fame was as battalion landing team 1/6, TF linebacker, operation mountain storm 2004.

Just thought since we were sharing...

Old 12-03-2011, 10:34 PM   #80

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:

We were pulled after 7 months on an undetermined deployment, we did all of our objectives and more and received the Presidential Unit Citation for our actions. Ooooh the donkey's, one of our LT's used to ride one around our POS bareback all the time with a piece of straw hanging out of his mouth, he was anything but country so it was always a good laugh.