SCAR or ACR? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > SCAR or ACR?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 03:07 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I'm ok w/ that I have a few tricks up my sleeve to compensate for not having an ACOG.

Don't get me wrong the ACOG is a bad ass optic, I've used one in combat, but a little high for my taste as a dad and full time student. Plus I have no plans to engage anything past the range of my H1s.

I will admit I'd like to be standing at the range as I pull a SCAR out of my soft case to see the look and the local guys faces. It does have a cool factor.
The USSHOOTINGACADEMY just held a Inter-National SWAT member competition in Tulsa Oklahoma, I went over to Tulsa to watch and took a shooting site near one of the competition ranges.

I was shooting both my new FN SCAR16s 5.56 with ACOG and my new Arsneal 5.45x39 AK with a Russian PSOP 8x42 Scope.

A bunch of the SWAT shooters heard me shooting near them, and came over to see what I had.
They were really impressed with both the AK and the SCAR.
I only saw M4s and some bolt action rifles that they were using.

Old 11-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #42

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Scar is a lot better than than the acr the acr are light not much to them at all

Old 11-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #43

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Thats awesome.

I just don't see what a SCAR can do better than an M4/AR other than make jaws drop. Now if I was single and a SCAR made panties drop I'd be all over it.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:05 PM   #44

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat
Thats awesome.

I just don't see what a SCAR can do better than an M4/AR other than make jaws drop. Now if I was single and a SCAR made panties drop I'd be all over it.
My DD makes em drop and im not single. My fiancee is just a very well converted non gun person

Old 11-30-2011, 04:22 PM   #45

Quote:
Thats awesome.

The SCAR is a lite weight piston rifle, all combat rifles are moving to the piston Design. AKs have been piston rifles for many years, Our Military in Iraq and Afghanistan are picking up AKs to use in combat, the Talaban are not picking up ARs.
FN Designed and Engineered the FNFAL a World class rifle that for years was the and in some parts of the World, not ComBloc Countries the standard for all Combat rifles.
Now FN has a new Combat rifle the FN SCARS the L&H that will be the new standards for most of the non ComBloc World.

As a famous Ex President once said QUOTE:"Children's do learn"

Old 11-30-2011, 05:32 PM   #46

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Where did you get the info of our troops picking up AKs to replace their ARs during combat?

There's a good reason the bad guy isn't picking up our M4s and it has nothing to do w/ the firearms quality.

You still haven't stated anything a SCAR can do better than an AR.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:34 PM   #47

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Ya they dont pick them up because a) they cant get ammo for em and b) we pick them up when our troops go down....for that very reason.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:56 PM   #48

Quote:
Where did you get the info of our troops picking up AKs to replace their ARs during combat?

There's a good reason the bad guy isn't picking up our M4s and it has nothing to do w/ the firearms quality.

You still haven't stated anything a SCAR can do better than an AR.
You must not watch Frontline or and of the programs covering the war, when they can they grab the AKs because the 7.62x39 works many times better the the 5.56/ the Taliban do not have the 5.45x39 AKs.

I did not claim it's better then the AR, just a better choice being it's a piston rifle.

But you can change a bbl. in the field in around three minuets try that with a AR. and it can with stand a lot of sand and mud without any problems.

Old 11-30-2011, 06:01 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Ya they dont pick them up because a) they cant get ammo for em and b) we pick them up when our troops go down....for that very reason.
The AK is a really good shooting rifle, and it will keep working and working and that is a well know fact.

Old 11-30-2011, 06:05 PM   #50

I can think of 2 circumstances when I would prefer a piston gun over a DI, and those are when running really shot barrels, like 10.5", or when running a suppressor. Other than that, I'll take a DI gun any day.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"