Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > safety selector question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2009, 12:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default safety selector question

hello, new to the site and to the AR world. bought a optics ready bushmaster 5.56 the other day. been feeling it out and realized i feel the safety selector switch with my index finger. i am left handed. would i be able to pop out the safety selector switch and move it to the right side of the receiver? looks like i can just pop out the safety but just wanted to check with somebody to make sure. thanks for time and any answers i get. i do notice the two ears on the receiver that keep the safety in position but am still wondering

joe

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-25-2009, 01:35 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'm a lefty too but I think you need to buy an AR-15 AMBI SAFETY/SELECTOR like this:

DPMS AR-15 Ambidextrous Safety

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."