Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > sad day means shopping!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 01:32 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5122 Times on 2667 Posts
Likes Given: 310

Default sad day means shopping!!

well, due to difficulties with the so-called tea party sheriff of racine county that has hung up my M16 xfer for over a year now a buyer was found and i sold it.

sooo this means i have some extra money to get a few toys

some ideas:

larue OBR or some other extremely accurate semi auto 308 or bigger

possible aimpoint comp M4 for the wife and a bcm carbine to replace her dpms (this is a definate she fell in love with my bcm even gave up the idea of the puppy paw handguards!!)

colt saa 45colt IF i can find one

im open to other cool suggestions to expand my collection that i havent considered

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-28-2012, 01:36 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Nighthawk !!!! If I had an extra cash to toss around it would prob be that or a bmg. I think I am done for a couple months after giving Dillon a couple grand.

How many ARs do you have now?

I was looking at the Savage 110 in 338 until I priced ammo

Last edited by ktmboyz; 06-28-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:43 AM   #3

Liked 929 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 906

Definitely sad to give up your FA M16 but some new friends in the safe will ease the pain I bet.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:53 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Definitely sad to give up your FA M16 but some new friends in the safe will ease the pain I bet.
yeah makes me a little pissed at our state attourney general and the sheriff neither has my vote next election. if things change or i move to a fa friendly county i will try again. when i initially bought it i didnt need a letter as i found out by the time the form3 xfer was done the ag ruled even trusts in wisconsin required a letter from the sheriff AND his signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmboyz View Post
Nighthawk !!!! If I had an extra cash to toss around it would prob be that or a bmg. I think I am done for a couple months after giving Dillon a couple grand.

How many ARs do you have now?

I was looking at the Savage 110 in 338 until I priced ammo
well ive got a colt sp1, bcm, and a RRA, the wife has a dpms and maybe 4 uppers that arent mated to any specific receiver. the AR15 type/style is my favorite rifle.

nighthawk?? ive got a colt series 70!! would cost more than the initial nighthawk to get it back to a series 70 style configuration

the only thing that keeps a 50bmg out of my safe is i have no place to safely shoot one

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-28-2012, 01:54 AM   #5

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Ammunition and a couple classes. I find it more and more rewarding the more I learn and the better I become at running my carbines. More rewarding than filling a safe w/ firearms I am mediocre w/. We all think we can run our gun but there's a certain comfort in knowing you can.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:09 AM   #6

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 764

screw the 50bmg...go with a 20mm...the ground makes a good,safe/down stop

Old 06-28-2012, 02:12 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post
Ammunition and a couple classes. I find it more and more rewarding the more I learn and the better I become at running my carbines. More rewarding than filling a safe w/ firearms I am mediocre w/. We all think we can run our gun but there's a certain comfort in knowing you can.
i would love to take a long range rifle class. been keeping an eye open for one inside reasonable driving distance

Old 06-28-2012, 02:13 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

maybe a DD Ar ? I would like to add one to my AR family

And training is always priceless, MJ has that one right.. I have a running subscription with panteao productions , I like to watch the videos and then run the drills that they teach. I have also taken combative pistol and carbine courses that were awesome.

Last edited by ktmboyz; 06-28-2012 at 02:16 AM.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:43 AM   #9

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Jon, go with your gut.

A LaRue OBR would seriously make me cream in my panties. A BCM to add to the stable for the wife, and a Dillon 650 with case feeder and trimmer, set up for .223 and I'd say that'd make me forget about that other thing you traded away......

Last edited by AgentTikki; 06-28-2012 at 03:50 AM.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:50 AM   #10

Liked 1111 Times on 721 Posts
Likes Given: 1981

Jon,
If you are considering .50 bmg u might look for a bolt action to throw on top of one of your existing lowers or maybe a new lower also. Thats on my soon To purchase list. And my buddy has a safe 900 yards at his place . So much to choose from.