Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   sad day means shopping!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/sad-day-means-shopping-67218/)

JonM 06-28-2012 02:32 AM

sad day means shopping!!

well, due to difficulties with the so-called tea party sheriff of racine county that has hung up my M16 xfer for over a year now a buyer was found and i sold it.

sooo this means i have some extra money to get a few toys

some ideas:

larue OBR or some other extremely accurate semi auto 308 or bigger

possible aimpoint comp M4 for the wife and a bcm carbine to replace her dpms (this is a definate she fell in love with my bcm even gave up the idea of the puppy paw handguards!!)

colt saa 45colt IF i can find one

im open to other cool suggestions to expand my collection that i havent considered

ktmboyz 06-28-2012 02:36 AM

Nighthawk !!!! If I had an extra cash to toss around it would prob be that or a bmg. I think I am done for a couple months after giving Dillon a couple grand.

How many ARs do you have now?

I was looking at the Savage 110 in 338 until I priced ammo :eek:

Quentin 06-28-2012 02:43 AM

Definitely sad to give up your FA M16 but some new friends in the safe will ease the pain I bet.

JonM 06-28-2012 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 851557)
Definitely sad to give up your FA M16 but some new friends in the safe will ease the pain I bet.

yeah makes me a little pissed at our state attourney general and the sheriff neither has my vote next election. if things change or i move to a fa friendly county i will try again. when i initially bought it i didnt need a letter as i found out by the time the form3 xfer was done the ag ruled even trusts in wisconsin required a letter from the sheriff AND his signature

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktmboyz (Post 851543)
Nighthawk !!!! If I had an extra cash to toss around it would prob be that or a bmg. I think I am done for a couple months after giving Dillon a couple grand.

How many ARs do you have now?

I was looking at the Savage 110 in 338 until I priced ammo :eek:

well ive got a colt sp1, bcm, and a RRA, the wife has a dpms and maybe 4 uppers that arent mated to any specific receiver. the AR15 type/style is my favorite rifle.

nighthawk?? ive got a colt series 70!! would cost more than the initial nighthawk to get it back to a series 70 style configuration :(

the only thing that keeps a 50bmg out of my safe is i have no place to safely shoot one

MikeJK 06-28-2012 02:54 AM

Ammunition and a couple classes. I find it more and more rewarding the more I learn and the better I become at running my carbines. More rewarding than filling a safe w/ firearms I am mediocre w/. We all think we can run our gun but there's a certain comfort in knowing you can.

m72law 06-28-2012 03:09 AM

screw the 50bmg...go with a 20mm...the ground makes a good,safe/down stop:D

JonM 06-28-2012 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeJK (Post 851573)
Ammunition and a couple classes. I find it more and more rewarding the more I learn and the better I become at running my carbines. More rewarding than filling a safe w/ firearms I am mediocre w/. We all think we can run our gun but there's a certain comfort in knowing you can.

i would love to take a long range rifle class. been keeping an eye open for one inside reasonable driving distance

ktmboyz 06-28-2012 03:13 AM

maybe a DD Ar ? I would like to add one to my AR family

And training is always priceless, MJ has that one right.. I have a running subscription with panteao productions , I like to watch the videos and then run the drills that they teach. I have also taken combative pistol and carbine courses that were awesome.

AgentTikki 06-28-2012 04:43 AM

Jon, go with your gut.

A LaRue OBR would seriously make me cream in my panties. A BCM to add to the stable for the wife, and a Dillon 650 with case feeder and trimmer, set up for .223 and I'd say that'd make me forget about that other thing you traded away......

purehavoc 06-28-2012 04:50 AM

Jon,
If you are considering .50 bmg u might look for a bolt action to throw on top of one of your existing lowers or maybe a new lower also. Thats on my soon To purchase list. And my buddy has a safe 900 yards at his place . So much to choose from.