S&W Sport vs. Stag 2 AR buy for 1st timer? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > S&W Sport vs. Stag 2 AR buy for 1st timer?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03
Quentin,

I am with you! I think someone is taking his friend for a ride regarding a Stag Arms with no other accessories for $1100.00. He needs to shop around as far as who he is purchasing a Stag from. I also would rather have a Stag over the S&W. They are still built individualy at a bench by a builder not an assembly line process. Not that the S&Ws are bad guns because I have a theory that if a Black gun works and functions properly it is still a good gun. Kind of like the old saying "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder."

He definitely said Stag 2 and NOT the 2T, as I thought that was a lefty shooter, which he is. I don't think he bought from Stag directly or shopped anywhere but the local gun store in his neighborhood. As for the S&W, the deal at Hoffmans I found was $699 special for the sporty. That link is now gone....but I know that was the price.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15noob

He definitely said Stag 2 and NOT the 2T, as I thought that was a lefty shooter, which he is. I don't think he bought from Stag directly or shopped anywhere but the local gun store in his neighborhood. As for the S&W, the deal at Hoffmans I found was $699 special for the sporty. That link is now gone....but I know that was the price.
Ok....now I am even more excited......looks like they have the sporty for $649. Here is the link

http://www.hoffgun.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=811037&Categ ory_Code=FEAT&Product_Count=20

Old 04-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #13

Liked 3028 Times on 1809 Posts
Likes Given: 2051

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15noob View Post
Ok....now I am even more excited......looks like they have the sporty for $649. Here is the link

http://www.hoffgun.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=811037&Categ ory_Code=FEAT&Product_Count=20
they are $649 at academy as well. but sold out for an unknown time in our area. i paid 679 at cabelas, more than i wanted to. but they were gone everywhere else and actually sold out at cabelas as i picked mine up. sheesh!

Old 04-18-2012, 11:49 PM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I have a S&W M&P15 sport & it's a very nice AR for price. It shoot well very upgradable . A great beginner AR & range gun