S&W M&P15 down grade - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

S&W M&P15 down grade

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 10:38 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1330 Times on 955 Posts
Likes Given: 660

For what its worth , I scored a new stainless judge magnum and a stevens 88 the first place I went to offered a even trade for new/used blued 2.5 judge they had priced @ 500.00 . So it being a tactical shop I just left my night vision there for sale , figured 275.00 would be fair for a atn 390 with pelican case . I went to my home room gun shop and thats where I scored the 2 gun deal . I sure will miss my surefire but cant wait till the judge hears my case
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes
Ummmm, yeah you are. . . I wouldn't give you any of the listed items for that AR with out an extra hundred or two to go along w/ it, and two???

I'd definitely be beggin' someone to trade me for a decent AK and be happy to get that!
Quote:
Ummmm, yeah you are. . . I wouldn't give you any of the listed items for that AR with out an extra hundred or two to go along w/ it, and two???
Gunbroker lied to me when I looked up that gun before I made the deal , STUPID GB, I saw just the plain gun for over a 1k just 2months ago , nows its in the hundreds

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 05-17-2011, 10:54 PM   #22

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I'm not up on the two models you traded for but it sounds like you came out smelling like roses. Thanks be to the ill-informed AR buyer.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:33 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1200 Times on 836 Posts
Likes Given: 1238

Curious what you think of the Judge and how tough they are, so far I just don't get it myself. Guess the Stevens .22 is handy to have around. Anyway you got your two'fer!
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 05-18-2011, 04:34 PM   #24

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

I guess if you really wanted a Judge, then you did good, but in my eyes, I'd have just kept the AR. . .

Everyone has their cup of tea though. . .

Old 05-18-2011, 05:39 PM   #25

well at first everyone told me it was a good deal and it was a bad ass gun worth the 1500.00 i was asking for the ditchwitch . NOW... not even 2 mmonths later its a 500.00 gun WITH the toys on it ?????? I guess its like my customers say about a boat . the two happiest days is when you get and when you sell it . I never sell or trade any of my guns but this one just did not sit right with me , i have never liked the 223 round .

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 05-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Sorry it didn't work out so well trading your ditch witch for the AR MobileMarine, but hopefully you'll like the Judge. A lot of my buddies like it, I just haven't warmed up to it yet myself. Good luck with it.

ARs fluctuate in price but it's been a while since a S&W OR has gone for $1500. You never know which way the market's going, right now it seems to have bottomed out. It would be interesting to see what the gunshop prices that S&W for and what they eventually get. You never know what someone will pay though.

Anyway, hopefully the ditch witch blows up on the guy that got it! He sure wasn't truthful on the value of the AR. But like Diggs said, we've all been burned at one time or another...

Old 05-19-2011, 12:02 AM   #27

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
well at first everyone told me it was a good deal and it was a bad ass gun worth the 1500.00 i was asking for the ditchwitch . NOW... not even 2 mmonths later its a 500.00 gun WITH the toys on it ?????? I guess its like my customers say about a boat . the two happiest days is when you get and when you sell it . I never sell or trade any of my guns but this one just did not sit right with me , i have never liked the 223 round .
Im sorry that I missed that thread. I would have definately tried to steer you away from that trade. That guy knew he was bending you over.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:10 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Yeah, which thread was that? Wasn't here was it? I don't remember it...

Old 05-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #29

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default Crappy Piston System?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
To do that you will need a barrel nut with delta ring an end cap a triangle front sight base a ar barrel wrench and some sort of barrel or upper vice tool. And a different upper reciever either a1 or a2.

Of course if its been converted to a crappy piston system thats a whole different set of parts.
No offense, but the piston system has been the best thing to ever happen to the AR system IMHO. It is a lot easier to maintain and less likely to cause a malfunction due to fouling.

Again, no offense meant, just my .02. To each his/her own.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:06 PM   #30

Well , to me if your a fan of a piston system then a ak or sks and plenty others offer it from the factory, they got it right the first time . True I did not post on here about the trade but the gun shops and other higher ups on the gun scene told me to go for it . Well whats done is done , I only had 100.00 invested in the ditchwitch so maybe I still came out on top . I also correct my previous post it is not a stevens 88 its a maverick 88 pump 12 .
'' Like I need another shot gun'' I have a choice in either the maverick , a austrian arms .22 pistoloa , a hi point power drill with a 9mm battery or I could pop some more and possibly get a RI 4in 1911