S&W M&P15 down grade - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > S&W M&P15 down grade

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Here's What You Do:

1.) Take off those accessories IMMEDIATELY! ! !

2.) If you're hurting for $cash$ sell the upper. If not keep it and put a decent forearm and sighting system.

3.) Find an A1 upper, (not hard) triangular hand-guards, 20" barrel, "Roll-Marked" lower of your choice (Colt, Armalite, other vintage option) and all of the other necessary parts to complete an "old-school" build.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #12

Liked 979 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 979

MM, I kinda doubt you'll get two guns that you want for it but who knows. Really depends on whether you find a buyer who likes what he sees. I'd probably try to sell it as it is, if you strip everything off you've got to find handguards and some kind of iron sights or sell it stripped or as optics ready. To me it's not a desireable gun so I just don't know how to go about getting the best price out of it.

Looks like a ban state AR since it doesn't have a muzzle device or bayonet lug, unfortunately you're selling it in a non-ban state so that'll likely hurt you on price.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:38 PM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
I traded a old ditch witch for it . Im going to put it up @ my local gun shop for sale or trade , I kinda figure its worth two guns , here is what I want

#1 lever gun ' make or model does not matter '
#2 ak
#3 mini 14
#4 M1 'any'
#5 judge
#6 RI 1911 in 45
#7 siaga 12
Even trade
#1 sp1
#2 tommy gun ' any '
#3 ar10 any

Im I out of my mind on any of these ?
Ummmm, yeah you are. . . I wouldn't give you any of the listed items for that AR with out an extra hundred or two to go along w/ it, and two???

I'd definitely be beggin' someone to trade me for a decent AK and be happy to get that!

Old 05-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
Ummmm, yeah you are. . . I wouldn't give you any of the listed items for that AR with out an extra hundred or two to go along w/ it, and two???

I'd definitely be beggin' someone to trade me for a decent AK and be happy to get that!
Surely he could pick up a WASR10 & some ammo in a swap.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #15

Liked 1046 Times on 757 Posts
Likes Given: 540

I know we have our own opinions but c'mon I know its a grown mans lego set but It's still a decent gun , I dont like it but someone will fall for it again like I did and the owner before me did , Im going in tomar to put it on consignment - sale or trade at a local tactical gun shop and to price out the tommy guns , I found a few on g/b for 7-800 .
I dont think a thompson will get picked on too bad

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:19 AM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

I guess if you're looking to sucker some inexperienced shooter into buying, then you could probably do so. . . you just have to understand that quality parts and materials are available for a GOOD solid build basically EVERYWHERE and in EVERY flavor at the moment, all for a decent buck as well.

I traveled down the AR isle last weekend, just to see what was available. . . There's plenty for $750 or so that have matching receivers, threaded barrels and good forearms.

If you think it's a great gun, keep it. Otherwise be happy to get $600 for it. . . I know it hurts, but we've all been burned at some point!

Good luck!

Old 05-17-2011, 01:31 AM   #17

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

The M1 is the only one on the list you might or should even think about having to throw in some boot for. All the others couldn't hold a candle to your Smith tactically. But hey, just like the other advice, jmo. Oh yeah, ditch the cheap light and put on a SureFire.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 05-17-2011, 02:16 AM   #18

Liked 1046 Times on 757 Posts
Likes Given: 540

it is a surefire , i like it more than the whole gun or the night vision . Hell you dont even need nightvision with a sure fire .
To me , ar's are like opinions & a$$holes , everyone has one lol . I think my mind is made up , get as much as I can and buy a auto ordnance thomson .If i need a hp rifle ill get out the safari 7mag or one of the sks's . After all the ar will be the last gun in my barn i pick up for defense or a zombie attack

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Last edited by MobileMarine; 05-17-2011 at 02:28 AM.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:17 AM   #19

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

That sounds great! Good luck with your new endeavor.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 05-17-2011, 05:12 AM   #20

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

You can get a Spikes for around $700 - $800. Hell you can pick up a BCM for $850 new and its one of the few at the top of the pecking order. Like I said in my first post some sucker will come along you can pray on.

We're just being honest in an attempt to help a fellow member.