S&w m&p ar 15-22 - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > S&w m&p ar 15-22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts

I plan to. I probably won't get the gun for a couple months the way things have been going. My LGS limits sales to two boxes, but they always seem to have some. It's only .5 miles from my place so I can stop in often.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #32

So, I was told S&W is backed up and not taking orders on the 15-22.

But, I did some searching last night and found a compliant model a little over an hour from my house. I called him up and paid for it with Paypal. He's gonna hold it till I can get down there. $499 + tax. Not too bad. The guy I was gonna order from was $466. But at least I'll get sooner.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:51 AM   #33

Liked 62 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
So, I was told S&W is backed up and not taking orders on the 15-22.

But, I did some searching last night and found a compliant model a little over an hour from my house. I called him up and paid for it with Paypal. He's gonna hold it till I can get down there. $499 + tax. Not too bad. The guy I was gonna order from was $466. But at least I'll get sooner.
Congrats, you'll really enjoy this gun. Of all the guns I own I put many more rounds through this than any other, and it's not just because it's a .22 as I have 4 .22 rifles and 3 .22 handguns. It truly is an excellent firearm.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:58 AM   #34

Liked 71 Times on 59 Posts

I've got one and it's a really fun gun ro shoot. I recommend using CCI's "tactical" rimfire .22LR ammo. The only problem I've ever had with it was a broken extractor. We sent it to S&W and they took care of it. Runs great now. Have fun.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #35

Thanks guys. Really looking forward to picking it up. I'm sure I'll be grinning the whole ride home. Everything I read about it is positive. It seems to be everyone's "fun gun".

Unfortunately I had to charge it so he would hold it for me until I can get down there, so the better half will see the price tag. Now I have to fight the urge to buy add ons before I even have the rifle.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #36

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Bought one but the grand daughter decided it was hers and no one else's. So I am not allowed to shoot it. I was informed that it needed to be purple and silver though. So gonna have to make that happen.

Old 07-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #37

That's awesome gunnut ! My neighbor was looking at the pink model for his daughters. He wants them to train on it so they know how to use his AR 15 when the Zombies come. Lol

Seriously though, maybe you guys can help me with the setup on this thing. I'm mostly gonna be shooting paper at 25 yards but maybe once a month I'll be at a 100 yard outdoor range.

Would I be better off with a red dot or a scope? I apologize for my ignorance, but aren't there red dots with magnifiers too that would do both?