S&w m&p 5.56
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > S&w m&p 5.56

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default S&w m&p 5.56

Just really getting in to ar's haven't even used a form before. But I noticed havent seen much about the m&p what's going on.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

It's a great gun.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #3

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Same here, been shooting handguns since a kid, but wanting to get into a new ar15. Had my eye on M&p 15 but not sure if it a good gun or are there better out there in the same price range.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

It's called military and police for a reason. It's field tested and approved. Great gun for the money.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
It's called military and police for a reason. It's field tested and approved. Great gun for the money.
Tested and approved by who?

I think the M&P AR line is better than a lot but it would not be in my top 5 choices for a duty rifle.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Used by all the cops in this area. I agree it wouldn't be my first choice either. I could have picked one up a month ago for $750 with an eotech but I passed. Still a great gun for the money.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2570 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 1289

They are OK. They have had their share of problems with them since first introducing them. However, I believe they have them all worked out at the present time. Regarding rating the weapon. I would class them with the Bushmaster and DPMS models compared to others like Daniels Defense, LMT, Rock River and Stag for example who are built with a little more TLC being built at a bench vs assembly lines. Certainly regarding the brand if you have an AR it functions flawlessly and you like it! It is a good AR Rifle in my book!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 03-17-2012, 01:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
They are OK. They have had their share of problems with them since first introducing them. However, I believe they have them all worked out at the present time. Regarding rating the weapon. I would class them with the Bushmaster and DPMS models compared to others like Daniels Defense, LMT, Rock River and Stag for example who are built with a little more TLC being built at a bench vs assembly lines. Certainly regarding the brand if you have an AR it functions flawlessly and you like it! It is a good AR Rifle in my book!
Well all the Mfg. you named buy many of their parts from the same vendors. My S&W 15T had a Mossberg bbl. today S&W own their own bbl. Mfg.company they bought. My lower fits the upper nice and tight many others not so tight, it has no effect on how good it shoots groups. Colt has the best quality control on their Military M4 and M16s but their commercial line is no better then any of the others as far as parts. I also have a LMT Defender 2000 and it shoots good but no better then my S&W. Now if I was asked who makes the best 5.56 piston rifle I would say the FNSCAR16s hands down it's the best as for quality of build and it's parts.

Last edited by rifleshooter474; 03-17-2012 at 01:32 AM.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:52 AM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleshooter474

Well all the Mfg. you named buy many of their parts from the same vendors. My S&W 15T had a Mossberg bbl. today S&W own their own bbl. Mfg.company they bought. My lower fits the upper nice and tight many others not so tight, it has no effect on how good it shoots groups. Colt has the best quality control on their Military M4 and M16s but their commercial line is no better then any of the others as far as parts. I also have a LMT Defender 2000 and it shoots good but no better then my S&W. Now if I was asked who makes the best 5.56 piston rifle I would say the FNSCAR16s hands down it's the best as for quality of build and it's parts.
So who do they get their parts from?

So a Colt 6920 is the same quality as a DPMS?

Just because your LMT and a SW shoot similar groups doesn't mean they shoot the same. There's more to shooting than group size.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-17-2012, 01:56 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 153 Times on 91 Posts

Buddy i have one and i havent had any problems what so ever with it and ive put about a 1000 rounds through mine so far you pull the trigger it goes bang every time. I would take it on a deployment if i could have.