Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   AR-15 Discussion (
-   -   S&w ar15? (

freefall 05-17-2011 03:30 AM

S&w ar15?
OK. I checked the search function, nothing came up. What's the opinion on S&W ARs? Chimo Guns has them for $698 and I'm bucks up at the moment. I've never spent significant time with an AR, is this a good deal? Is a Stag Arms @ $850 a better deal? I know building is the way to go, but I want to own and shoot one to see if I like the whole thing before I bother to build one. Thanks for your response.

Quentin 05-17-2011 05:38 AM

Really not enough info here... Which model, the Sport? And which Stag?

Overall S&W is a pretty good AR, a little better than Stag. But the Sport is their lowest price model where a few corners have been cut.

mjkeat 05-17-2011 06:15 AM

Yes, more info please.

If you're looking to spent in the ballpark of $850 check out Bravo Company Manufacturing.

bigjim 05-17-2011 07:29 AM

is this a good deal?
It's really going to depend what is on the rifles you are looking at.

Rails or no rails, sights or no sights, chromed or non chromed bolt carrier group, removable carry handle or no carry handle, Gas port with rail or no rail, two stage trigger or single stage, 4 position or 6 position stock or A2 stock, commercial parts or Mil-Spec parts, 5.56 chamber or 223 chamber, flash suppressor or muzzle brake?

Each one of these parts costs extra if purchased seperately. Comparing one AR to another is not as easy as it may seem.

Do more research on them first and then ask again with more information.