Ruger SR-556 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Ruger SR-556

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
W/ what? That 6 pounds is less than 8 pounds? LWRC is the better choice? Or that nobody is talking bad and are simply relaying useful information?
I don't have to explain myself to you. Have a good day.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #22

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goretro77 View Post
I don't have to explain myself to you. Have a good day.
Right in line w/ what I would expect.

Weight is weight and anyone who has ever used an AR knows less is more. Do you know the saying, ounces equal pounds? Well it's true. What do pounds add up to? With the Ruger you'll find out. Shooting mostly from the bench I see how someone wouldn't think weight was a problem.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #23

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

^^^ I care not to defend myself against someone who is known to spread a lot of misinformation (your clueless about the FN SCAR). This is the last time I will acknowledge any of your posts.

By the way, I don't shoot mostly from the bench, so don't tell me how I mostly shoot. Its simply the easiest time to get video. I don't see any from you by the way. But you don't see me saying how you shoot. Have a good day and a good life.

Here's a great link by a very good reviewer.
http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-SR556c.htm

Old 02-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #24

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goretro77 View Post
^^^ I care not to defend myself against someone who is known to spread a lot of misinformation (your clueless about the FN SCAR). This is the last time I will acknowledge any of your posts.

Here's a great link by a very good reviewer.
http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-SR556c.htm
No need to defend yourself. I'm not attacking you personally. If you want to make the assumption that I am I will. There are things I would like to say but out of respect for the forum I will not.

Misinformation, when? That's my pet peeve w/ guys like you. I don't claim to know much but will not spread misinformation like others around here. I have never claimed to know anything about the SCAR. If you want to make accusations stick to the facts.

Gunblast, Nutnfancy? Really? You can find better sources than that.

Check out the Contour line of cameras. The two I have work great for filming on the move. I have a rail mounted vid cam I'll send you for free.

Just remember ownership is by no means an indication of ability.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Last edited by mjkeat; 02-12-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:51 PM   #25

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

I don't see misinformation here from MJ. Weight and reliability are the two most important factors in an AR you'll be lugging around and possibly using to defend yourself some day. You may not like everything he says but he does do his homework and he does try to help people avoid mistakes. I know because he consistently comes up with answers that make sense.

Anyway, we all come with different points of reference and we all have to make good decisions. Take your time, do your research and buy the right gun for you. It is smart to listen to others who've been down the pike but if you're sure of your research then go with what you think is right.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #26

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
I don't see misinformation here from MJ. Weight and reliability are the two most important factors in an AR you'll be lugging around and possibly using to defend yourself some day. You may not like everything he says but he does do his homework and he does try to help people avoid mistakes. I know because he consistently comes up with answers that make sense.

Anyway, we all come with different points of reference and we all have to make good decisions. Take your time, do your research and buy the right gun for you. It is smart to listen to others who've been down the pike but if you're sure of your research then go with what you think is right.

Good points and well taken.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #27

Wow.......thanks to everyone for your input!

Every other handgun and shotgun I own was purchased with the reasoning that I could use it for either concealed carry, home defense, and/or target plinking.

This purchase (for my purposes) would be primarily a back-up home defense weapon.

Bottom line, I don't need this rifle.....I WANT it!

Looks like I've got some more homework and some thinking to do.....thanx for the info!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight.
It's the size of the fight in the dog!

Old 02-13-2012, 12:06 AM   #28

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Check out the Contour line of cameras. The two I have work great for filming on the move. I have a rail mounted vid cam I'll send you for free.
Those Contour cams look great. What cam do you have mounted on a rail?

Thanks,

- Gloves
"When the situation gets too hot, put Gloves on"
or
"If the gun is cold to the touch, put Gloves on" -RustyShackleford101

Old 02-13-2012, 02:04 AM   #29

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloves View Post
Those Contour cams look great. What cam do you have mounted on a rail?

Thanks,
I have the HD and the Roam. The Roam being the better of the two. The one I was offering up was purchased in a group buy. I can't remember the brand name.

-John Ruskin

Quote: