Ruger SR-556 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Ruger SR-556

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 11:19 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Weight and price alone would steer me away. Maybe if I was sitting at a bench all day w/ it in some sort of sled but I sit enough throughout a normal day. I really don't want to sit around the range. It could shoot .01" groups but when that extra weight starts taking its toll those groups will open up like a S. Broadway hooker.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-12-2012, 01:41 AM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I've shot it in other situations, standing up, running as well. Does just fine.

OP: Here's a video, not me but a very good reviewer:
Part 1

Part 2

Old 02-12-2012, 01:44 AM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goretro77 View Post
I've shot it in other situations, standing up, running as well. Does just fine.

OP: Here's a video, not me but a very good reviewer:
Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxBBn88PfJg

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Vff1np7jk&feature=relmfu
I'm not sure how others feel but I wouldn't base any decisions on what that guy has to say.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-12-2012, 02:18 AM   #14

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I'm not sure how others feel but I wouldn't base any decisions on what that guy has to say.
I've got to agree as far as buying decesions, but some of Nutnfancy's videos are fun to watch.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:34 AM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
I've got to agree as far as buying decesions, but some of Nutnfancy's videos are fun to watch.
I watch them as well. Sometimes I get through the entire video, sometimes I can't. They have their entertainment value for sure.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 02-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #16

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

All a matter of opinions, everyones got one.

The maker of the video makes it a point that he simply wants the information he offers to be a datapoint, so take the facts the video gives and make a decision. He definitely does a good job reviewing the product and letting others make up their own mind. Its a better job reviewing than what any of us has brought to the table so far in this thread.

Its easy to type a few paragraphs about an item, but when you create a real review like that guy does there is obviously some time spent in really trying out the product, and informing others so they can have solid facts when they form their own opinion.

In the video you can see they are not just sitting on the bench with this firearm, they also bench shoot for accuracy tests and shows his results, he's also gone as far as to customize the firearm and gives some opinions on this as well. I see nothing wrong with this.

The Ruger SR556, look into it, its a solid firearm built right.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #17

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
I agree! That's all those videos are meant to be. Nutnfancy states it all the time he does not want us to think everything he says we have to agree with.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
All a matter of opinions, everyones got one.

The maker of the video makes it a point that he simply wants the information he offers to be a datapoint, so take the facts the video gives and make a decision. He definitely does a good job reviewing the product and letting others make up their own mind. Its a better job reviewing than what any of us has brought to the table so far in this thread.

Its easy to type a few paragraphs about an item, but when you create a real review like that guy does there is obviously some time spent in really trying out the product, and informing others so they can have solid facts when they form their own opinion.

In the video you can see they are not just sitting on the bench with this firearm, they also bench shoot for accuracy tests and shows his results, he's also gone as far as to customize the firearm and gives some opinions on this as well. I see nothing wrong with this.

The Ruger SR556, look into it, its a solid firearm built right.
From my experience w/ prolonged use of the M16/M4/AR family 8 pounds w/o optic, light, etc. is to heavy.

If I were in the market for a piston op. AR I would be looking at LWRC. Their M6A2 w/ quad rail is right at 7 pounds and they have a lightweight option in the mid to upper 6 pound range. A pound is a huge difference.

Nobody is talking bad just relaying some useful information.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 02-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #19

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
From my experience w/ prolonged use of the M16/M4/AR family 8 pounds w/o optic, light, etc. is to heavy.

If I were in the market for a piston op. AR I would be looking at LWRC. Their M6A2 w/ quad rail is right at 7 pounds and they have a lightweight option in the mid to upper 6 pound range. A pound is a huge difference.

Nobody is talking bad just relaying some useful information.

I agree to disagree.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #20

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
I agree to disagree.
W/ what? That 6 pounds is less than 8 pounds? LWRC is the better choice? Or that nobody is talking bad and are simply relaying useful information?

-John Ruskin

Quote: