Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Which RRA upper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK
Be careful. Magpul is one of the most cloned manufacturer in airsoft. The also license their products for reproduction for airsoft. The **** comes from China and is passed of as the real thing. I have looked into it and they are not the same as the real deal. The licensed product says PTS the cloned stuff is a malicious rip off.
I'm assuming you meant PRS, and it certainly has Magpul PRS stamped on there. It's a great stock, and feel excellent against my shoulder. I cannot wait for the upper! I'm thinking of putting the Nikon m223 scope on top of that!!!

Old 05-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #22

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtshooter

I've heard of this as well, not to worry though, I know him pretty well. I also picked the stock out of his magpul catalog. Just for ease of mind, this "PTS" is located where?
It'll be easily spotted. The fakes are a doff story. The price had me concerned. He probably just cut u a deal.

I meant PTS. I think it's practical training ___.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK

It'll be easily spotted. The fakes are a doff story. The price had me concerned. He probably just cut u a deal.

I meant PTS. I think it's practical training ___.
He doesn't have an overhead, simply because his shop is his home. It's really small, but he can order almost anything. Also, because he only marks up his inventory 10%, he gets quite a bit of business. He also sells locally at our gun show. I think I paid $180 plus tax all together! Not to mention the buffer kit on top of it. I believe most places, like cheaperthandirt, are about $230 or so. So I got a pretty good deal.