Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > RRA Upper?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 03:32 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
And there you have it. Get what you want and enjoy it!!! I was merely offering a suggestion.
Yeah i cant wait, although i would have been devastated if i ordered a BCM and realized it didnt come with a bcg xD buy thanks for all of the suggestions, i think im going to buy it from my friend so that i can test fire it first. And then ill talk to a local gunsmith and see what we can do about the FSB this way i also avoid a 5week wait

Old 04-09-2012, 03:37 AM   #32

Liked 47 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetics View Post
Yeah i cant wait, although i would have been devastated if i ordered a BCM and realized it didnt come with a bcg xD buy thanks for all of the suggestions, i think im going to buy it from my friend so that i can test fire it first. And then ill talk to a local gunsmith and see what we can do about the FSB this way i also avoid a 5week wait
Let us know what the smith charges. I'd be interested in that myself.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-09-2012, 04:12 AM   #33

Kk will do, once again thanks for all of the suggestions and advice

Old 04-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #34

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
I retract my comments, Snake. Although I thought it was a good idea, I definitely forgot that RRA includes the BCG in their set up.
That is a pretty expensive oopsie. So, I apologize for that.
Ben, sorry I had to run off last night. Anyway, don't get me wrong BCM makes a fine product and if I ever am flush with cash again I'll probably get one for myself, but I was just pointing out that their wasn't really an apples for apples comparison between what Kinetics was wanting and what you were suggesting, especially for the big money difference. The cost of the BCM uppers always looks great until you start adding in all the things you'll need to make it functional.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
Ben, sorry I had to run off last night. Anyway, don't get me wrong BCM makes a fine product and if I ever am flush with cash again I'll probably get one for myself, but I was just pointing out that their wasn't really an apples for apples comparison between what Kinetics was wanting and what you were suggesting, especially for the big money difference. The cost of the BCM uppers always looks great until you start adding in all the things you'll need to make it functional.
Trust me, I understand. I just built my AR based around the BCM upper. I have $900 tied up in it, not counting the RDS and magnifier I ordered. You are quite right in it's not an apple to apple comparison.
I just wanted to make sure my first AR would be able to do whatever I needed/wanted it to, so some of the parts (barrel, BCG) were more than I wanted to spend, but I felt it was a worthwhile investment.
My next one won't be that expensive. I'm actually considering buying a much cheaper one and running a head to head on it.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #36

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Trust me, I understand. I just built my AR based around the BCM upper. I have $900 tied up in it, not counting the RDS and magnifier I ordered. You are quite right in it's not an apple to apple comparison.
I just wanted to make sure my first AR would be able to do whatever I needed/wanted it to, so some of the parts (barrel, BCG) were more than I wanted to spend, but I felt it was a worthwhile investment.
My next one won't be that expensive. I'm actually considering buying a much cheaper one and running a head to head on it.
You know, I would like to see a head to head comparison with your BCM and a PSA, since they claim to have similar Spec's. with the higher-end AR's like the BCM.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
You know, I would like to see a head to head comparison with your BCM and a PSA, since they claim to have similar Spec's. with the higher-end AR's like the BCM.
The PSA stripped upper is only about $70.00 less than the BCM, but it does have a rail on it already. Just have to order a BCG and the LPK. So, for probably $200-300 less, I can build a similar system to what I have, and see how it handles the paces.
I may have to do that just for the hell of it.